The Mighty Thor footage!

It's just you.

I'm willing to bet this one lands with a thud. Not that anyone can tell from just these clips, but they've changed a large part of the comic book dealing with Donald Blake becoming Thor - to him summoning the thunder god. I used to love Thor back when Simonson was doing his thang on it
frogthor.jpg

but.. this is probably the hardest nut to crack in the Marvel U.

And is it just me - or is our little Padme trying to get to his little hammer - she's all over this dude.

No, you're not the only one. She's got it bad from what I was seeing. :lol

And probably most every other female that watched that clip!!:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I wouldn't have mind seeing Liam Neesim(sp?) portray Odin! I didn't see Clash Of The Titans 3D but the promo pics of him as Zeus looked pretty convincing. Seeing Mr. Hopkins as Odin reminds me of when I saw him in his Zorro gear. Something just didn't look right!

clash-of-titans-neeson-zeus.jpg

What was it everyone said in "Roadhouse" ? ... Oh yeah,, " I thought youd be,,,, bigger.... "..

I imagine Thor as having pipes like Ahhhnold. This guy is too small . They shouldve found some bodybuilder that passed the casting couch and put a wig on him.. Worked in the original "Terminator"...

This pretty boy is just that,, a pretty boy . How is he gonna wield an anvil tipped hammer? But Ill still lose my 9 bucks when it opens...

The guy has range. That is what makes him a great actor. Plus, he fits pert near every drawing I recall of Odin.

Like I said, I'm not saying he's a bad actor... I don't think he's got THAT much range personally but like I said, to me, he doesn't look like Odin.

I just watched him in The Wolfman and they used so much "movie magic" to make him look strong and "imposing" that it just looked cornball to me but to each his own.

To me the only similarity between him and any drawing I've ever seen is they've got matching hair and beards... I'm not knocking your opinion, I just don't see it the same way. And heck, maybe they'll pull it off and I'll think he's perfect when I see it. It's happened before like with Magneto in X-Men. I was 100% sold against Ian McKellan until I saw what they were doing with the role and then it made perfect sense to me.

Man... Branaugh would have been such an awesome young Obi-Wan Kenobi. As he's aged he's looking more and more like Alec. :( I remember when he was rumored to be playing him, haha!

I still prefer this Thor:

YouTube - MIGHTY THOR

And is it just me - or is our little Padme trying to get to his little hammer - she's all over this dude.

Given some of the body language I was seeing, I'd be willing to bet she did already. Kind of reminds me of that awkward stage a relationship is in just after it turns sexual where you're still not QUITE sure what to do or say sometimes. That's kind of what I wrote off the 'lots of chemistry' comment as; Natalie wanting to say more, but realizing she probably shouldn't. :lol

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back