The Flash. Custom Costume.

garrettation

Hi guys.

I'm going to be working on a Flash costume for the MCM Expo (England) in October this year. It's not going to be a replica from the upcoming t.v show, or from any of the comics/games/cartoons. I'm aiming to use these as reference to creating a BRAND NEW suit.

So far I'm more interested in Flash's costume in Injustice: Gods Among Us, and also from the cinematic trailer for DCU Online. So I'm going for a more futuristic, armoured type of suit. I have a lot of ideas that I will be posting on here within the next couple of days and will also take any creative tips/help that anyone wishes to give.

Thanks everyone. I look forward to making this costume and sharing ideas.

this is a great idea imagesCA6AY7KK.jpgimagesCA8I2M70.jpgimagesCARA2BOE.jpg hope these can help you with your build

Firstly, thanks for those images. They will definitely help.

I've done a rough sketch of how I'm thinking of doing the Mask.
20140529_195817.jpg

The black outline of the top section represents a separate part of the mask. The bottom part (Cheek-bone to chin) will split in half from the chin. These sections will open outwards, hinged at the cheek-bone, from the rest of the mask.
At the top there will be a strip of fabric, most likely the same material and pattern as the suit, on either side of the head and will be reinforced beneath to give a smooth contour. Not just hair pushing up.

More pictures and designs to come very soon.

Thanks everyone.

So it's been a while since I posted. I've been in the process of changing job and this new one is more physically demanding, which hasn't left me with much time or energy to continue with this project.

But have no fear, I am returning to this project now, and I am working on getting a list together of everything I need to make this happen.

Thanks everyone.

If your suit is gonna be stretchy like lycra, use under armour and cover it in foam in the shape of muscles so you have definition If you wana put a lycra suit on top

So it's been a while since I posted. I've been in the process of changing job and this new one is more physically demanding, which hasn't left me with much time or energy to continue with this project.

But have no fear, I am returning to this project now, and I am working on getting a list together of everything I need to make this happen.

Thanks everyone.

Did you finish this?

Thanks everyone.
Use a plastic face mask and cut the mouth hole out of that and glue the fabric to the mask, it's hard to explain but I'm doing it for my impulse mask/visor I'll show you when you're back

Hi funkster.
No, I haven't finished this yet. Unfortunately work and other things have gotten in the way. I will be carrying on with this project but it may take me a bit longer than I had originally hoped.
It sucks being a grown up haha, work gets in the way of everything.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back