The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

Has anyone noticed that, on the red suit, it's a one-piece bodysuit with an armored vest over top? I've been going over my screen grabs, and that is the ONLY explanation I can find for the patterns and seams I'm looking at.

Yes. We've noticed and its been discussed in other threads.

Its generally agreed that the vest is another layer on top of the suit. Haven't spent a lot of time on this yet, since its all custom work and I don't envision myself working on that suit anytime soon.

Alright. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy with what I was seeing. I got really excited when I noticed it, because it makes my job a million times easier.

Looking at the black material it looks very similar to http://www.procosplay.com/new-style...-black-widow-natasha-romanoff-cosplay-costume they list it is black knitted spandex

It's been confirmed that the mask is made using several layers of cotton mesh.

This item will be hard to get 100% screen accuracy, but any Spandex, Jersey knit, or Lycra would do just fine for this. In fact, I would recommend looking at fabrics that are mostly cotton but have 10-20% spandex or some other stretch fabric. That would give the right appearance of a cotton blend, but also have the stretch so the mask conforms to the face properly.

I'm working on this myself right now, I'll post pictures once I've got it figured out.

It's been confirmed that the mask is made using several layers of cotton mesh.

This item will be hard to get 100% screen accuracy, but any Spandex, Jersey knit, or Lycra would do just fine for this. In fact, I would recommend looking at fabrics that are mostly cotton but have 10-20% spandex or some other stretch fabric. That would give the right appearance of a cotton blend, but also have the stretch so the mask conforms to the face properly.

I'm working on this myself right now, I'll post pictures once I've got it figured out.
I meant for the black sections of the red suit :)

I just received my 8840T. Yep. T.

image.jpeg

The McDavid website shows the 8840T as this model (with the little M's all over).

8840T_M.jpg

And the 8840R as the model with the hexagons.

8840R_M.jpg

Confused yet? I am.

But then again, the eBay listing I bought the shirt on showed a picture of what I wanted (the hexagons), so I went for it.

I have a hunch that the red stitching seen on the McDavid shirts was done by the production team. I looks very crude in some shots.

xPNY52n.jpg

And here, there is no red at all. This pic is also the reason I didn't go with the 8800R.

screenshot1.jpg

Take it as you will. :cheers

Last edited:

View attachment 467048

The McDavid website shows the 8840T as this model (with the little M's all over).

View attachment 467050

View attachment 467051

Confused yet? I am.

But then again, the eBay listing I bought the shirt on showed a picture of what I wanted (the hexagons), so I went for it.

I have a hunch that the red stitching seen on the McDavid shirts was done by the production team. I looks very crude in some shots.

View attachment 467052

And here, there is no red at all. This pic is also the reason I didn't go with the 8800R.

View attachment 467053

Nice update Pinder, thank you for the hands on clarification.

I think you've highlighted a couple of important things there:

First, the McDavid official website's product images are apparently not consistent. Which is something a few of already suspected but hadn't confirmed yet.

Second, the 8840 compression shirt's red stitching is something that was done by the costume department. Looking back and my reference album I put together, this image stands out. If you look closely at this picture. That red stitch looks really crappy for a official product. Which definitely supports the idea that its been added to the shirt.

pQuJmFE.jpg

pQuJmFE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 467048

View attachment 467050

View attachment 467051

Confused yet? I am.

View attachment 467052

View attachment 467053

Now that's just being inconsistent on purpose!! haha

But in all seriousness, it really makes no sense why everything about this shirt is so inconsistent. I spoke to the customer service department at mcdavid, and the girl I spoke to tld me she was able to procure one with the hexagon patterns in my size. She's referring to it as the 8840R still, so we'll what happens when it arrives.

Fingers crossed.

- Aeric

Nailed it! :cool

Updated the first post to include this new information about the 8840T shirt. More and more I think that's the right one.

If everyone agrees, I'll mark it confirmed and remove the first 8800R shirt.

The Compression Shirt: Confirmed - UPDATED
We've confirmed that the compression shirt worn starting in episode 3 is a McDavid compression shirt. Right now, we have two possibles.

McDavid 8800R Men's Compression Shirt Long Sleeve.
This is the first shirt that we believed to be the accurate shirt. It's black, it has the red stitching, it has the corrected hexagon pattern up the sleeves. The only thing that doesn't match of course is the M logo on the chest. It's possible that the logo was removed, but we haven't confirmed it yet.

View attachment 464831

McDavid 8840T Men's Compression Shirt Long Sleeve.
The other possible shirt is the 8840T Compression shirt. Black, No M Logo on the chest, correct hexagon pattern on the sleeves. The only thing missing obviously, is the red stitching. That would mean that it was done after the fact by the costume department. Click here for a screen shot that supports this theory. The stitch work is pretty shoddy and doesn't look like something that would be mass produced.

View attachment 467094

I think the 8840T he received was mislabeled/packaged. Across the internet, it looks like the one you have pictured with little M logos. The 8840R is the exact shirt from the show, consistently shown to have the hex pattern, the proper panels, and no chest logo.

I think the 8840T he received was mislabeled/packaged. Across the internet, it looks like the one you have pictured with little M logos. The 8840R is the exact shirt from the show, consistently shown to have the hex pattern, the proper panels, and no chest logo.

There definitely is the possibility mine was mislabeled at the factory, but I haven't seen anyone here actually confirm one way or the other with something in their own hands yet. Do you have one? (Legit question, not trying to start an argument)

There definitely is the possibility mine was mislabeled at the factory, but I haven't seen anyone here actually confirm one way or the other with something in their own hands yet. Do you have one? (Legit question, not trying to start an argument)

Yes, I have a medium in the proper packaging! A large is on its way as well so I should be able to confirm.

Yes, I have a medium in the proper packaging! A large is on its way as well so I should be able to confirm.

I'll consider myself the oddball for now then. I can't imagine McDavid would actually show the wrong products on their own website. :wacko

The tags on my shirt show "Copyright 2012", so maybe they made some changes over the years.

View attachment 467048

View attachment 467050

View attachment 467051

Confused yet? I am.

View attachment 467052

View attachment 467053

Haha now that;s weird. I got the 8840R and the guy assured me the hexagons were on the suit, so maybe it was a clerical error.
Either way I'm glad to know that the red stitching was indeed made by drawing on it, it also has the appearance of blood.
It's also very likely that mcdavid sent you the T since the R was out of stock

I remain unconvinced that a marker will turn black stitching red. I know of no such marker that is capable of such a feat.

They either added stitching to it, had a shirt with red stitching custom made by McDavid, or it's a shirt that is discontinued or yet to be found.

With full respect given to the costume department, this black costume seems like a VERY minimal effort and budget affair. I have a hard time convincing myself that they would have taken the time to add red stitching to an existing off the shelf item.

Haha now that;s weird. I got the 8840R and the guy assured me the hexagons were on the suit, so maybe it was a clerical error.
Either way I'm glad to know that the red stitching was indeed made by drawing on it, it also has the appearance of blood.
It's also very likely that mcdavid sent you the T since the R was out of stock

I doubt the red stitching was drawn on. Looks like a sloppy zigzag to me (either by machine or by hand).

Mine came from eBay (brand new), not McDavid directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt the red stitching was drawn on. Looks like a sloppy zigzag to me (either by machine or by hand).

Mine came from eBay (brand new), not McDavid directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well has anyone thought that maybe it was just blood splatter? or something make believe it was blood? Seems so in the last few pics

Again, as with a marker, blood would not turn black stitching red.

Even if they used some kind of opaque pigment for blood, it would then show up on the shirt also.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back