The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

dI have looked at a lot of photos and I have gone through the series a couple times now lol. I noticed they use 3 different shirts. Two of the shirts are mcdavid ,the 8800 and the 8840.The 3rd is just an all black one that could also be a mcdavid. as for the M on the chest im pretty sure they remove it
8800 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428970690_211989.jpg8800R_M.jpgthe two red stitch lines go up the torso then join at the arm pit itself

8840image.jpg8840T_M.jpgthe gray stitch lines go up the torso until they curve joining together about 3/4 and then continue until reaching the torso

black onedaredevil-cox-image.jpg

Is the stitching gray for those of you with the shirt? And if so doesn't that mean the red would show as opposed to on a black trim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is actually the packaging for my 8840R from earlier in the thread - you can see the model number and proper product picture on the package:

attachment.php

In the interest of nailing down the boots, I think can also confirm now that the hero boots are Bates model E02261:

boots2.jpgboots1.jpg

BTS-W2260-03-y.jpgBTS-E02261-062813_06.jpg

Sometimes it looks like the non-zip variant (which can be found on Amazon) might be used as a stunt pair, but they're not actually less expensive if you shop around for the side-zip version. Here's the shot that makes me think these might be used on the show, but you can clearly see the zipper in one of the above screengrabs:

boots3.jpg Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 10.58.41 AM.png

Have you ever tried real gold frames? The rolled 14k white gold(gold filled) frame with rhodium plating would hold up much better than the metal used in most frames. They're also easy to polish, although it wouldn't be as bright white after the rhodium wore off.

The last pair I purchased was the panto in rhodium with chestnut coverings and the bridge still looks good five years later. Granted, I have way too many glasses so they don't get daily wear.

Having started rewatching the series, there is definitely a split along the bridge. Noticeable in the first confession scene and later during the first interview with Karen.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

For those keeping track, I'm pretty certain the specific screen-used armbands are McDavid 651/E90771.

It can be tough to lock these down with the tops and bottoms obscured. The older McDavid 651R will also look the part - I have them in hand. There's an old-style McDavid logo on an extension of elastic that would sit beneath the elbow pad. The E90771 has just the short elastic hem at the top and the updated McDavid "M-HEX" icon stamped at the wrist. That's actually a much easier location to cover (they do it with the wrist straps) and keep covered than elastic overlapping at the elbow joint. Perhaps most telling though, the E90771 is from the same product lineup/era as the 8840R shirt, 6515 elbow pads, and 513 wrist straps. The "M-HEX" logotype is the same used on the elbow inseam, and the packaging is alike for all of these products.

EDIT: Looks like the R is still associated with the 651 - it hasn't changed since the older version. E90771 is just Epic Sports' inventory number. The 651 is what you're looking for, but look for the contemporary version of it. M-hex logotype at the wrist! One way to be pretty safe if ordering online is to order directly from McDavid. You'll pay a few dollars more but know you're getting the current sleeves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having started rewatching the series, there is definitely a split along the bridge. Noticeable in the first confession scene and later during the first interview with Karen.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

I agree in some early shots it appears to be there but then this screen cap from the second bench meeting with the priest it appears to be just glare, more uneven than the apparent groove from earlier scenes. I'm slowly going back through the other episodes.
Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 3.37.42 PM.png

I agree in some early shots it appears to be there but then this screen cap from the second bench meeting with the priest it appears to be just glare, more uneven than the apparent groove from earlier scenes. I'm slowly going back through the other episodes.
View attachment 467474

That bridge is basically as reflective in a mirror. I can see a boom pole creating a "groove" or a cameraman creating this center blob quite easily. I think it's smooth/curved.

For those keeping track, I'm pretty certain the specific screen-used armbands are McDavid 651/E90771.

It can be tough to lock these down with the tops and bottoms obscured. The older McDavid 651R will also look the part - I have them in hand. There's an old-style McDavid logo on an extension of elastic that would sit beneath the elbow pad. The E90771 has just the short elastic hem at the top and the updated McDavid "M-HEX" icon stamped at the wrist. That's actually a much easier location to cover (they do it with the wrist straps) and keep covered than elastic overlapping at the elbow joint. Perhaps most telling though, the E90771 is from the same product lineup/era as the 8840R shirt, 6515 elbow pads, and 513 wrist straps. The "M-HEX" logotype is the same used on the elbow inseam, and the packaging is alike for all of these products.

EDIT: Looks like the R is still associated with the 651 - it hasn't changed since the older version. E90771 is just Epic Sports' inventory number. The 651 is what you're looking for, but look for the contemporary version of it. M-hex logotype at the wrist! One way to be pretty safe if ordering online is to order directly from McDavid. You'll pay a few dollars more but know you're getting the current sleeves.

Thank you for the breakdown, and additional confirmation.

I doubled checked my first post and I already had each of those model numbers associated with each item.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just purchased the Shirt, Elbow Hexpads, Forearm Hexpads and Wrist Supports. Cost me $200 NZD all up but hopefully it'll be worth it, and the two week wait. I got everything in a small size so I'll be sure to upload some pictures for anyone who may have the same body size as myself for some reference shots if anyone is unsure about sizing.

At one point early on in this thread I mentioned how the black suit changed through the series. I know the gloves changed by show 2, maybe 3... Seems to be a lot of disagreement over shirts.....so I offer an article about the black suit evolving through the series. Maybe it will help people feel better about their choices in addition to knowing there is more than one correct version.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1503/16/daredevilcostume.htm

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back