The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

Ok so I need some help. I am going to buy the shirt right now but Im still getting into shape so Im not sure what shirt size I should get... I usually where a large-xl shirt now but when I lose weight and gain chest mass I have 0 clue what to do. Should I measure now to see what my chest is at and then add for what I think id gain? If anyone could help me that would be amazing. Again Im new here to these types of sites but this is really important to me because im running an event for charity this summer and want to be in good enough shape and have everything I need ready to make this work! Ill be announcing the event soon on my pages.

Thanks for your help!

Billy

Hi Billy,
I would guess an XL if you are between L and XL now. The good thing about these shirts if the stretch factor, so you can be off a size and it still fit more often than not. If you ended up in a 2XL, I would be wondering what type of workout you were doing lol. I use compression shirts in hockey and I have L and XL. I even have a few 2XL for costuming just because I want a little less compression but they still fit fine. It is really a personal choice, but I think XL is okay.

Also, there's two different elbow pads that mcdavid makes.

6440R - MCDAVID Hex™ Knee / Elbow / 
Shin Pads
6515R - MCDAVID Hex™ Knee/Elbow Pads

I think it's the 6515R that's accurate. Someone earlier has ordered a pair and they have the matching brand on the inside. The 6440R's look a little too long, and have the branding on the outside. I only bring this up here because in the first post of the thread it calls out the 6440R's as confirmed, and I'm not convinced that's correct.

Shin Pads

I think it's the 6515R that's accurate. Someone earlier has ordered a pair and they have the matching brand on the inside. The 6440R's look a little too long, and have the branding on the outside. I only bring this up here because in the first post of the thread it calls out the 6440R's as confirmed, and I'm not convinced that's correct.

I have the 6440R and they are pretty much the same, they just have a longer sleeve

That's a no on the pants. The back pockets don't match up.

Shin Pads

You are correct, they are the smaller 6515R model elbow pads.

wrist_forearm.JPG

Do the 6440R's have the vertical logo strip on the face opposite of the hex pad?

The 6440R also have the exact same logo and design, just a larger padded area and sleeve.

------------

UPDATE:

I've updated the first post to include the specific model numbers for the McDavid elbow and forearm sleeve.

Elbow pads: Confirmed
6515R McDavid Hex Knee/Elbow Pads.

View attachment 465464

Forearm sleeve: Confirmed
651R McDavid Hexpad Arm Sleeve
View attachment 465467

Last edited:

Shin Pads

Matt, check my post above:

I can confirm that the screen-used elbow pads are McDavid model 6515 Hex™ Knee/Elbow Pads. They're the right height, and there is no McDavid logo printed on the pad side. On the inside elastic, there is a vertical "M-HEX" logotype which is visible in screen grabs from the show:

View attachment 465387View attachment 465386

attachment.php

I hope to have more pieces in hand by tomorrow or Monday!

Looks like a decent alternative, should the supply of 6515s run dry. It's definitely got some major differences though! Aside from being a good deal longer, the M|HEX logotype is positioned too high up. It should be centered top-to-bottom and sit closer to the inseam stitching. Perhaps most importantly, the hex padding itself has the pattern rotated 90 degrees, so the hexes' flat edges meet horizontally on the costume rather than vertically.

The other McDavid HEX elbow pads are even further off, with extra elastic material and a glaring McDavid logo. The 6515 is the right one for sure!

I've been spending my spare time over the last few days trying to find a decent site to order the main components of the black suit from. As I'm from New Zealand; McDavid doesn't ship to there so finding a store balanced with reliability and cost-wise was difficult. athleticcompression.com seems to be the best bet: They have a wide McDavid range still in stock for the Hexpad pieces and Compression shirts. They don't have the 8800R shirt, however. I've simply ordered that from a New Zealand centric store. If anyone else knows a more suitable store, please let me know, I'm always wary of purchases over the internet and it would be nice to have a fellow RPF member's testimony for an online store as I'm sure you'd all agree.

Whoops! Just saw you're in Montreal. Sorry, mate :(

Here, to make up for it, I've decided to go ahead and do a run of Daredevil's escrima sticks + his thigh holster. They'll use a bayonet springlock system to allow them to securely fit together into a bo staff. They'll be 3D printed, casted, and molded from resin. I'll start a thread in the Project Run section within the next hour or two, but feedback would be appreciated since you folks have been analyzing them so closely. :)

Note that these are simply mock-ups, and not the finished models.

View attachment 464916View attachment 464915View attachment 464914

Have you seen this ones ?

http://jt-difarma.net/jt-diffusion/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=48_55&products_id=526

Anyone have a reliable place to order the gloves? They're just way too high on Amazon and I've never heard of the other on-line shops that have them for a more sensible price, so I'm hesitant to order.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back