The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

Seems like my order for the shirt was cancelled as well

Sorry to hear that, mate. Looks like I was right and they discontinued the shirt some time ago (probably long before the show was even released) and just never bothered taking it off their site since there was probably never any real demand for it until now.

In other news, we've decided it's best to just machine some actual stainless steel knurled bars to use for the Masters for Daredevil's billy club. Still not sure whether we will 3D print the "steel" end cap and center connecting rods, or machine/source those as well. Here is what we are thinking of using as a base for the red handles:

717tOP0OSuL._SL1500_.jpg

... Which can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UPQGDQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Now comes the tricky part... sizing! Charlie Cox is listed as 5'10" and I assume that between boots and cowl he winds up around 5'11". From this it should be possible to extrapolate how long each stick is (in proportion to his height) as long as we have a full body shot of him standing upright that also includes them at a relatively "average" perspective. This should help determine approximately how long the short and long batons are supposed to be. I want to make sure we get this right, as they already seem shorter than in his comic/film adaptations-- too short and they'll look dinky, but too long and they'll look oversized...

Would appreciate any help in this endeavor! :)

Yeah it's pretty ****ty so I got myself the 8800R.
I'm just worried about how to remove the logo...
So we know spray paint wont work, what about brushed on fabric paint?

So about how long do you guys think his wooden sticks are? I might just measure from just above my knee to right below my hip. I'm 5'10" too so I might be of some use to this thread other than IDing the boots lol.

I received my wrist supports today, and I think we can go ahead and mark them as confirmed. If you need any additional pictures let me know and I can supply them.

IMG_20150416_164135.jpgpNn9Gke.jpg

So about how long do you guys think his wooden sticks are? I might just measure from just above my knee to right below my hip. I'm 5'10" too so I might be of some use to this thread other than IDing the boots lol.

I would guess around 18' inch at the most. This is going to be one of those items that is better scaled to your own body rather than using the standard screen accurate sizing.

I'm 5'9 with my boots on so I'm pretty close to Charlie Cox also. I used my own body to scale these and settled on 17' inch as a starting measurement. It looks and feels right. These are 1' inch Oak dowels. I'm not sure these are accurate, just a quick and cheap mock up for sizing and scale. The sticks could be the 1.25 inch diameter dowels.

daredevilbatons.JPG

Did those came without the mcdavid logo or did you remove it ?
If so, how hard was it and what method did you use ?

I literally received them half an hour ago, so II haven't done anything on them yet. The logos appear to be sewn in, so i imagine a seam ripper will remove it perfectly.

I can confirm that the screen-used elbow pads are McDavid model 6515 Hex™ Knee/Elbow Pads. They're the right height, and there is no McDavid logo printed on the pad side. On the inside elastic, there is a vertical "M-HEX" logotype which is visible in screen grabs from the show:

IMG_2356.JPGFullSizeRender.jpg

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

There's really no need to be disappointed with the McDavid site selling out of the 8840R. They're discontinued, but they're still available all over the internet in every size. No need to go with an expensive close-enough when you can still find the proper shirt on Google...

I can confirm that the screen-used elbow pads are McDavid model 6515 Hex™ Knee/Elbow Pads. They're the right height, and there is no McDavid logo printed on the pad side. On the inside elastic, there is a vertical "M-HEX" logotype which is visible in screen grabs from the show:

View attachment 465387View attachment 465386

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=463449&d=1428862922

- - - Updated - - -

There's really no need to be disappointed with the McDavid site selling out of the 8840R. They're discontinued, but they're still available all over the internet in every size. No need to go with an expensive close-enough when you can still find the proper shirt on Google...

I dont have the same pads but they look exactly the same on my elbows with the hex print like you have. They are a tiny bit longer, going down onto my arms, which is fine.

As for the compression shirt, this is true, but getting it from mcdavid wouldve been best. Ill report once I receive the 8800R

Following on my other sketches, here is the sketch of the pants. Most definitely has a fly closure. The only thing I am not quite sure of is the black fabric at the back of the pants. I'll check again tonight and modify when ready.IMG_2016.JPG

They are free shipping too. Use sock10 and you may be able to get 10% off. Code was given to me after I checked out. Hopefully it helps some of you.

Despite my best efforts to resist, I can't stop myself from putting together this suit. With all of the great work done in this thread, AND the realization that almost everything is off the shelf, it's impossible not to.

Other than that, sorry I have nothing useful to contribute to this thread :D

I believe I have identified the cane used for Mr. Murdock. It's from a company called "Ambutech", who make canes for the handicapped (mobility, support, etc). Their website is "ambutech.com". What you're going to want to do is select the easy order option to build your own cane. From there, select the mobility cane option, then select the material you want the cane to be made out of. Fiberglass seems to be the most balanced option. Then, you'll want straight handle, folding, pencil hook tip, and white/red. Being 5'10" (the same height as Cox), I believe the screen accurate length is 56". Then you'll want to select four sections. Then it will ask you to pick accessories, which you don't have to do. After that, you're done, and all that's left is to pay. With the options I've given you, it'll end up costing $24.50.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back