The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread

Sounds like a solid plan. If you do go the 3D printer route keep us in the loop, there are a few of us that would be all in for a copy that may help justify cost;)

I've already made a start on the model for a 3D print, but could do with an idea of who might be interested (no commitment - just an interest).

quiver3d_zps027a5c3f.jpg

****** I'm also working on the folding bow - just in case there's any interest in that as well. *****

I also did an Hawkeye costume (which is uploaded here) but have many problems with the bow and quiver.
but I already started the next try of the bow. I'll see it it will look screen accurate or not. :D

@widescreen: I would be interested in a 3D printed quiver and also in a folding bow! *__*

Just in case anyone wanted to see the aluminium quiver - here's a couple of pics (not finished yet):

DSC_0112_zps6cd4ca0b.jpg

I painted it, only because I wanted it for a troop - I still intend to add the extra detailing on the front:

DSC_0119_zps91ae2c85.jpg

Add lest, but not least - it fitted to my back:

DSC_0117_zps6eebd887.jpg

I really love the work that everyone has done to their costumes. And also I wish I had known about this thread when I was putting together my hawkeye outfit. I just wanted to share the glove that I made, and I think is much better than the store bought ones. I have left over materials too, so If anyone is interested, pm me.

Attachments

• IMG_20120419_121603.jpg
    IMG_20120419_121603.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 260
I've already made a start on the model for a 3D print, but could do with an idea of who might be interested (no commitment - just an interest).

quiver3d_zps027a5c3f.jpg

****** I'm also working on the folding bow - just in case there's any interest in that as well. *****

I have a contact to a 3D printer vendor if it would help. For a part this big, it will be VERY expensive to 3D print. Getting a few people involved would be the best choice. I would be interested in this and I'll offer my help in any way I can to make this happen. I am in need of a quiver for my build and this looks the business!

Some of the features of the model wsn't quite how I'd like them - so I started again.

This is the new model & I'm seriously thinking of investing in a 3D printer.

quiver3d_zps6da6378a.jpg

I've also worked on the hinges for the folding bow - these should fit many recurve/takedown bows.

hinge_L_zps48f53042.jpg

hinge_U_zps8d9f498d.jpg

I don't supposed that 3D file is available for pepakura? =)

This was my Hawkeye outfit for the Avengers premiere:
575244_10151682157290641_1054326276_n.jpg

I'd no real way/skillset toward making it accurate at the time. I wouldn't mind doing it again, it's a fun character to dress up as.
(Plus, I do a bit of archery in my free time, so it only makes sense.)

Some of the features of the model wsn't quite how I'd like them - so I started again.

This is the new model & I'm seriously thinking of investing in a 3D printer.

I've also worked on the hinges for the folding bow - these should fit many recurve/takedown bows.

Paul, looks fantastic!

I like where this thread has been going. You all have done an amazing job. WIdescreen great work. Def going to follow your progress with great interest. I would so be down for a run if you do the quiver as well as the hinges for the recurve. Nicely done everyone.

Hi,

New here but I thought I'd put in a few notes I had for the V2 suit since I've been thinking about building it myself. I'm not sure if anyone else has shared this observations, I didn't see them, but I started reading around page 8 (this has been a fantastic thread btw).

1. The "ribbing" on the side was giving me trouble for the longest time trying to figure out what the hell it was, however, thanks to Dash Rendar's Flikr, I found this
http://www.flickr.com/photos/darth_who/7495990240/
Looking at it blown up, you can see stitching on the top of the "ribs" so what that looks like to me is 1/2" pin-tucks with about 3/4" spacing between them. Though, taking yet another look at them, it looks like only the top material is leather and they are top stitched onto a knit material, perhaps a moiture-wicking performance jersey?

2. For the main pant fabric, I know a lot of people are saying that it's Dark Navy but looking at some of the Images from the Battle scenes it seems almost like a dark, almost-black charcoal colour. (Yes, I know in the high-res images, it's dark navy, but it's the lighting giving everything a blue-black tinge)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/darth_who/7118989469/
See what I mean?

I had a third thought, but that one I'm still iffy on so I'll keep looking at ref material.

Anyway, that was my two cents. Cheers.

Hi,

New here but I thought I'd put in a few notes I had for the V2 suit since I've been thinking about building it myself. I'm not sure if anyone else has shared this observations, I didn't see them, but I started reading around page 8 (this has been a fantastic thread btw).

1. The "ribbing" on the side was giving me trouble for the longest time trying to figure out what the hell it was, however, thanks to Dash Rendar's Flikr, I found this
The-Avengers_3b6b391d - Copy | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Looking at it blown up, you can see stitching on the top of the "ribs" so what that looks like to me is 1/2" pin-tucks with about 3/4" spacing between them. Though, taking yet another look at them, it looks like only the top material is leather and they are top stitched onto a knit material, perhaps a moiture-wicking performance jersey?

2. For the main pant fabric, I know a lot of people are saying that it's Dark Navy but looking at some of the Images from the Battle scenes it seems almost like a dark, almost-black charcoal colour. (Yes, I know in the high-res images, it's dark navy, but it's the lighting giving everything a blue-black tinge)
Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
See what I mean?

I had a third thought, but that one I'm still iffy on so I'll keep looking at ref material.

Anyway, that was my two cents. Cheers.

Welcome!

You are dead on for the ribbing, unfortunately I found out the hard way after sewing my first set of pants... The best best match I've found for the "under" layer below the ribs is an elastic cotton. Essentialy what I did was, lay out the under fabric, sew little "tubes" of the leather and then topstitch to the fabric.
Wes and I share your frustration on the pants colors, we went back and forth for weeks:wacko trying to get either the correct fabric or at least something with the correct color. We decided on the denim with the correct wale, but had to custom dye the fabric. I used 2 Dk Navy / 1 Black for the 2yds that I ordered. In most pics it shows up as Navy but in natural light gives a darker midnight look. However, I cannot get the sheen associated with the fabric they used as the denim is organic.

Awesome work and information gathering...Im finishing up my 6 yr odl son's Avengers Hawkeye for Comic Con.
Its a speed build and I used purple instead of the maroon color per his request. He likes the comic version Hawkeye as well.

Here's where its at...

IP26.jpg

I made his quiver this weekend. I will post some pics on that later :thumbsup

Again...Awesome work!!

Hey guys,
Here's my latest version of the 3D printed quiver. I finished it for a birthday party. I may add more to it later or do it again. Comments are welcome!
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

Awesome. Misterxero. Would you consider doing any more. If you do I would really be interested. (Thadios@yahoo.com)
Thanks

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back