The DEFINITIVE FREDDY KRUEGER glove thread

Just recently finished my new Part 4 hero glove replica:
(Last photo intended for back plate comparison)

2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

278240477_10159639282111469_860745480208030153_n copy2.jpg

Last edited:
I have a rubies supreme, and want to switch out the leather glove. Does anyone have any info on the beat way to go about it?
Absolutely!
You'll need a couple of tools and some supplies, but its very simple. Use a pair of pliers to pull the 3 backplate rivets apart. If they're double capped, (Flat dome) on both sides, then try and separate from inside the leather glove to not scratch the armature.

Once you've got that apart, put the new leather glove and the armature on your hand to test your fit. Once you've got everything sitting properly mark your backplate holes with a sharpie. You can now use a hole punch to put a holes through the leather for your rivets. Slide your rivets through your leather glove and metal armature, pop the caps on and set everything in place with a hammer and setting tool

Couple of things. Double cap rivets can be bought from a bunch of places, either online or instore. Any leather supply store should have a good range, they look like this. Make sure to get the setting tools at the same time.

41ad6bca4987e90e3d3fbd37f88fd68866eb4ee5_original.jpeg

I recommend taking in one of your separated rivets to get a close match on size and color. I would also recommend replacing the 4 rivets attaching the fingers to the backplate, as these are typically quite a weak point. If you're already replacing rivets its a solid idea. Finally, when you punch the holes in your replacement leather glove, make sure to punch them ever so slightly smaller than what your rivet post needs. leather will stretch over time so a tight fit will help prevent your rivets pulling through over usage.

Absolutely!
You'll need a couple of tools and some supplies, but its very simple. Use a pair of pliers to pull the 3 backplate rivets apart. If they're double capped, (Flat dome) on both sides, then try and separate from inside the leather glove to not scratch the armature.

Once you've got that apart, put the new leather glove and the armature on your hand to test your fit. Once you've got everything sitting properly mark your backplate holes with a sharpie. You can now use a hole punch to put a holes through the leather for your rivets. Slide your rivets through your leather glove and metal armature, pop the caps on and set everything in place with a hammer and setting tool

Couple of things. Double cap rivets can be bought from a bunch of places, either online or instore. Any leather supply store should have a good range, they look like this. Make sure to get the setting tools at the same time.

View attachment 1604972

I recommend taking in one of your separated rivets to get a close match on size and color. I would also recommend replacing the 4 rivets attaching the fingers to the backplate, as these are typically quite a weak point. If you're already replacing rivets its a solid idea. Finally, when you punch the holes in your replacement leather glove, make sure to punch them ever so slightly smaller than what your rivet post needs. leather will stretch over time so a tight fit will help prevent your rivets pulling through over usage.
Awesome! Thanks for the great info!

A LOT of people **** on the Neca part one glove, and Neca has a detail on their part one that MOST glove builders miss! On Neca's part one, they went as far as accurately including the rivet holes that were mistakenly drilled in the wrong spots on the ring finger chute during fabrication of the glove! I have pictures of my glove on my phone, but I don't know how to upload files on my phone

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back