The Dark Knight: All finished! Halloween was great!

My cape was mentioned! My cape was mentioned!! :)
:lol

I am humbled by how favorably you reviewed it. Thanks so much. Wore mine on the weekend too and it's so light you forget it's there. :thumbsup

Nice work on the entire thing, Matt. You represented. :cool

Sweet job! It all came together so awesomely! I have to ask though, that cape is so sweet. What is it made of?

The cape was made by fellow board member coofunkcurly, who posted just a few posts above :) IIRC, it's made of an electrostatically flocked nylon. I beleive the fabric was custom made by him. The pattern for the cape is a 100% legit real deal pattern of the walking cape used in both Batman Begins and TDK.

And I say again, it is just amazing. When the wind catches it just right, it looks like it's floating around you. it's wild.

Yes, what Matt said. :thumbsup

It is not a fabric that can be bought off the shelf. I had to get a large quantity custom made (just like they did for production) and that run sold out quickly. I am considering doing a 2nd one since there still seems to be interest.

I dunno, looks like fake CG to me............ ;) Great work Matt. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! One of the many reasons I like donning accurate looking costumes especially one as Iconic as Batman. I keep pondering on duin this one but oh so want that leather bike suit. Would love to see some video of the cape in action. I've told people about it and when I tell them the price their jaws drop. If I were to do one this would be the only option for the cape IMHO.

Thanks again for all the kind words guys. It makes all the time and expense worth it. And yes, the suit was expensive.

Someone at work was telling me yesterday how shocked they were that a friend of theirs spent EIGHTY DOLLARS on their halloween costume! SOOO much money!!! lol. I was laughing out loud. I could not bring myself to tell her how much I spent on mine. I think all told, this one was pushing the 3.5k mark. yikes. What is wrong with me!!

The funny thing is that it's not even top of the line. I could have gone with the urethane armor that includes the carbon fiber inserts. that would have more than doubled the cost. But aside from that, it's top of the line all the way through. Cuz that's how I roll :)

Had a bit of a discussion with my GF when I was making my Hatter outfit. She said it didn't need to be perfect. I gave her this glazed look and said...yes, it does otherwise I would never have done it.

The suit looks fantastic, Matt....I bet you were grinning from ear to ear, when you first put it all on!! :)

Great job

Holy **** Matt, that's amazing. If I'm ever back out west when there's a prop party going on, you had better wear that the ENTIRE time. :lol Great stuff!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back