The Dark Knight: All finished! Halloween was great!

Re: The Dark Knight: Because I didn't have enough going on already

Holy :eek you sure your sleeping at all. :lol One question though where does the other end of that shoelace go? :confused:lol

Lol. So many wrong ways to answer that question :) Instead, I will let a picture do the talking:

string.jpg

Ahh very good. :) Sorry about that felt like teasin' ya a bit your working way too fast makes us all look bad. ;)
Oh and glad the belt lived up to your expectations. :)

No worries at all bro. And beleive me, working fast is NOT my forte. It's actually quite a struggle for me to sacrifice perfection in the name of time. But I have a hard stop on this in just a few days. So if I want to get it done, I need to cut some corners.

Looking good Matt.. .. you got to be pretty close to suiting up now!! Just a little detail I've even still yet to do on mine.... the elbow tabs on the gaunts should have a press stud glued in the centre and this attaches to the elbows on the mesh suit. I guess it's purpose is to hold the gaunts in place. Not a real important part but just little info for you. :)

Brad.

Thanks for the insider info, Brad. I have to say once again, that your build up of the TDK suit is simply amazing. Easily the best, most screen accurate build out there to date that I have ever seen. Great stuff!

I'm getting REALLY close to being done now. I will EASILY finish in time. No doubt.

Today I finished up the neck and hood.
neck.jpg

And also made sure some FUNCTIONAL pouches were going to work with my belt.

cases.jpg

Also a few other odds and ends. Just last minute technical stuff to make sure it fits properly and all holds together the way I want it to.

The Project Work Bench: Neck, Sleeves, Pouches

The only things really remaining are attaching the neck armor. Other than that, I will need to do a full suit up to make sure the entire thing works, and then I will call it done.

Matt buddy, WT no full suitup pics. That's not right lets see em. ;) I know ya got it done. :lol

Yup, the suit is indeed done. I may re-do the hood, but only if I have some free time. I will post suit up pics thursday or friday night.

looking forward to seeing them! great to see a fellow kiwi doing so well on here haha

What brand of glue are you using? I am making a suit with a mesh jacket and pants. I can sew shapes to the jacket but need to find a way attach shapes to the pants. Not having much luck with fabric glue. Thanks in advance for your help!

This is the glue I am using, and its JUST incredible. I was a skeptic at first, but the stuff holds REALLY really well.

glue.jpg

It's also pretty quick. Once you slather some on to both surfaces, you just wait like five minutes, then press it into place, and you're good to go.

Toldja about the DAP in the red can!!:lol
It's fantastic on latex. Not so much with urethane or silicone.

Here's the finished product:

batman_for_blog.jpg

I was an absolute SMASH hit. I have never been so mobbed during halloween. EVER. And I've been doing this a long time. I thought my superman costume was a hit, but this thing was just a new experience. So crazy!

I will be putting a full write up on my blog eventually, but the long story short is that the cape REALLY tied the outfit together. It just frickin' went NUTS in the wind. I loved it!

Thanks to EVERYONE who participated in the build, either with knowledge, experience, parts, or support.

WOW! Just wow! That I was about to say "That incredible considering the limited amount of time you had," but that it just flat out fantastic, full stop.

Great job...and thanks for making me want a TDK suit now too! haha

-Nick

pardon my language, but HOLY HELL BEANS!!! thats just awesome, man :D bet it feels great knowing that you did all that by yourself

pardon my language, but HOLY HELL BEANS!!! thats just awesome, man :D bet it feels great knowing that you did all that by yourself

To be fair, I only played a minor role in it. Yes, it was a TON of work, but without the hard work and dedication of a NUMBER of other people, it never would have come together as well as it did.

Still, I appreciate the praise and kind words :) I will post a link to my blog here when I get the full write up online. Halloween was just so amazing this year, it boggles the mind.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back