The Dark Knight: All finished! Halloween was great!

Re: The Dark Knight: Because I didn't have enough going on already

Today I spent a few hours cleaning up the armor with my Dremel. I'd say I'm about 3/4 of the way there. Only the pieces to the right leg remain.

dremel1.jpg

What drugs are you on that allow you to work this quickly? Modafinil? Speed? Buckets of pure caffeine?!

I'm just impressed that 3/4 of the "most time consuming part" of the entire process is encapsulated in 1 blog post. (Fine, 2) haha

Keep it up, and I expect Tron Guy-esque pictures soon.

-Nick

It's the meticulous nature of the armor clean up that just drives me nuts. I should be more clear, it's the SINGLE task that is the most time consuming. I don't even know what I'm trying to say anymore!!!! lol

The drug that allows me to work this quickly is vacation. I'm on one now. Doing NOTHING but working on this costume. Well, I sleep occasionally too, but that's about it.

This is REALLY impressive! Can't wait to see it finished. :D

Thanks Pinder! It's coming together nicely. I"m still not sure if it will be finished in time, but we shall see.

The update for today is that i JUST finished all of that infernal dremel work, so now I can start in on some other tasks, like doing the glue thing.

Yay. Now I can go to the bathroom without taking the entire thing off.

crotch.jpg

Nice!
Just remember, it's not only the criminals that don't want to see Batman flying low over Gotham.

*EDIT* I don't even know if you have that expression over there. In which case I may have wasted some class A material.

Nope, we don't have that joke over here :)

However, I have started to glue down the armor.

knees.jpg

It's coming along!

Are you wearing it while mounting the pieces? Hard doing this part alone.

It's coming along!

Are you wearing it while mounting the pieces? Hard doing this part alone.

I stuffed the legs with towels and fabric, and it is lying on the floor. Attaching the parts is sort of hard, because once I pick it up, I don't remember EXACTLY where it was sitting on the mesh, so I'm not totally sure where to brush the glue on. I usually end up brusing on too much glue. No big deal though. I'm not going to obsess. More important that it's finished than perfect.

If ANYONE stops me on the street and says "hey batman, there's some stray contact cement on your left thigh", I will promptly introduce them to my left boot.

shoulders.jpg

I attached the velcro to the straps, and this is the shoulder bells attached to the torso. I will have some progress pics of the leg armor glue up tomorrow.

Hey dude! I did not know you were a member here! Great stuff. Yup, the belt is just great. I'm almost certain it is what I will wear on halloween. Thanks again!
You're very welcome, and I'm a member on quite a few boards. The ones I frequent most are RPF, BOTB, League of Heroes, and Michael-Myers.net for my horror fix ;) My mistake was having a few too many screen names, but most often it's either spiderfan11 or jobe2009. Again, I'm glad you like the belt, and I hope you enjoy using it on Halloween! Your suit looks excellent so far.

please can you tell me where i can get a Armour kit like yours please

thank you

I'm not sure if the seller likes to advertise, so I'd prefer not to give out names or contact information. HOWEVER, if you're interested in tracking down a suit of your own, your best place to start is over at a forum dedicated to all things Batman, The Brotherhood Of The Bat.

Matt, if your suit disappears tonight, it was me! That thing is looking so good, I'm not sure I can keep my grubby little paws off of it.

Would you mind tailoring it to fit a 5'8" frame before I do, though?

Awesome work, it's really cool to watch this all come together!

-Nick

Nick, when you have a chance, please give me back that spare key when you have a chance. I just don't trust you like I used to :p

Thanks for the kind words though :) It's funny, as Im' really cutting a lot of corners on this. Just want to get it done, rather than have it be perfect. and BECAUSE of that very fact, it will probably get done. And 99% of the people who see it will think it's awesome.

More progress pics later tonight. My goal is to have all of the armor finished up tonight. Only two more pieces to go, and then I'm done.

Nick, when you have a chance, please give me back that spare key when you have a chance. I just don't trust you like I used to :p

Thanks for the kind words though :) It's funny, as Im' really cutting a lot of corners on this. Just want to get it done, rather than have it be perfect. and BECAUSE of that very fact, it will probably get done. And 99% of the people who see it will think it's awesome.

More progress pics later tonight. My goal is to have all of the armor finished up tonight. Only two more pieces to go, and then I'm done.

Probably 100% ;) think it's looking really good. Did you get all your parts in, think you were waiting on boots?

Finhead, you are no doubt right. I appreciate the words of encouragement.

As of tonight, all of the armor is glued onto the mesh body suit.

armor.jpg

I also glued the fins onto the gauntlets.

gauntlets_done.jpg

Did some work on the cod piece also, and a few other things. Check it out here:

The Project Work Bench: Armor, Gauntlets, Suitcase

Holy :eek you sure your sleeping at all. :lol One question though where does the other end of that shoelace go? :confused:lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back