The Clone Wars Jedi General Armor Project

Next up is finishing the compad. I got some sweet laser cut masters from Tony (AMP) and I've got them put together. They need a little more sanding and a tiny but more filling. Then probably another coat of primer.

After that we plan to work on the Obi-Wan neck seal. So far all the solutions I've seen, including mine, tend to be fragile temporary solutions. I'd like to get around that and do something really nice.

The idea is to scuplt a custom prototype that fits into the neck of my armor. Probably built up out of sintra and foam and bondo. Then mold it in silicon and cast it in self skinning foam. If you've ever got a clone belt from OSCS or Kevin's clone knees then you know what self skinning foam is like. It would be light and comfortable, hold the correct shape and could be cast as one piece. Then slit in the back to get it over the head.

I really hope it works...

The idea is to scuplt a custom prototype that fits into the neck of my armor. Probably built up out of sintra and foam and bondo. Then mold it in silicon and cast it in self skinning foam. If you've ever got a clone belt from OSCS or Kevin's clone knees then you know what self skinning foam is like. It would be light and comfortable, hold the correct shape and could be cast as one piece. Then slit in the back to get it over the head.

I really hope it works...

I think it will. I'm eager to try this idea myself. Sadly my chest armor needs to be finished to sculpt around, and it seems to be the scab that I keep picking at. Once I get close to done, I find something to change and its back to formula.

I am interested in one of those compads though. I'll be keeping an eye out.

I am interested in one of those compads though. I'll be keeping an eye out.

We've got a couple more weeks of hard core armor pulling to get everything we need for the sale. After that we might be able to get the compads into some silicon. Depends how busy I am painting and getting the armor ready for all the customers.

The compad will be a relatively easy project in comparison.

Someone thought my place looked like an armory before:

DSC00686.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back