The Babadook pop up book

The value you are referring to is from fewer people than you realize. It isn't about how much a few people will pay, it's about how many would pay to cover costs.

And again, these people are filmmakers! The director herself made this happen and not as a cash grab, but a fun opportunity for fans to connect with her work. Judging by the amount of time this has taken, I doubt she will forgo her budding career to make bank off a niche-of-a-niche market like indie horror film prop replicas.

We will see...

so how many of these things were actually published? Jennifer Kent said she signed 7500 cards for this book. So there were 2000 signed and numbered ones, presumably 5500 signed but unnumbered ones, she also mentioned that there were some unsigned and unnumbered ones - so how many unsigned and unnumbered ones? How many books in total for the 'first' print run?

Even if it were only these 7500 books, that's already a "massive amount" of replica's. I mean, when a "limited" replica comes out, we are most of the times talking about a few hundred copies, 1000 max. So we can not say that with 7500 books, this is a limited prop.... (I don't even compare it with runs here on the RPF, where in many case not more than a few dozens of copies are made of certain prop replica).

Even if it were only these 7500 books, that's already a "massive amount" of replica's. I mean, when a "limited" replica comes out, we are most of the times talking about a few hundred copies, 1000 max. So we can not say that with 7500 books, this is a limited prop.... (I don't even compare it with runs here on the RPF, where in many case not more than a few dozens of copies are made of certain prop replica).
do be honest, they never said it was a limited edition. I'd like to think that people bought the book because they liked it.

I watched the movie and liked it... but I came away liking the idea of the book more than the actual movie. I see them as separate entities.

Exactly. They were preorders…. doesn't mean more won't be printed. Just not numbered or signed.

Has anyone received theirs yet? If so.. pics please :)

Really? Mine was processed at East Midlands airport about 2 hours ago. You received your tracking info about a few days before I did… so maybe yours is in the same shipment, but just not updating maybe?

Really? Mine was processed at East Midlands airport about 2 hours ago. You received your tracking info about a few days before I did… so maybe yours is in the same shipment, but just not updating maybe?
I'm in the UK, where are you?

as of today, my tracking says it's in Sydney.

it was processed on the 25th.

what order number did you get? mine was around 602

Packages delayed, haven't cleared customs because there was documentation missing… in other words.. the value etc. So DHL asked me to forward on any invoice I had to get it cleared… "Well.. the invoice is from two years ago…" "Two years ago??" …. "Yep". Hello Custom Fees :/ … and no delivery until Tuesday :(. ******* it.

Tip for anyone else that this may happen to:

And in my haste to forward on the invoice while on the phone with the DHL customer service… I failed to realise I could have changed the value of the shipment on the forwarded email…. Arrghhh. 43% import fees to Ireland incoming :/

Last edited:
Packages delayed, haven't cleared customs because there was documentation missing… in other words.. the value etc. So DHL asked me to forward on any invoice I had to get it cleared… "Well.. the invoice is from two years ago…" "Two years ago??" …. "Yep". Hello Custom Fees :/ … and no delivery until Tuesday :(. ******* it.

Tip for anyone else that this may happen to:

And in my haste to forward on the invoice while on the phone with the DHL customer service… I failed to realise I could have changed the value of the shipment on the forwarded email…. Arrghhh. 43% import fees to Ireland incoming :/

Did you contact the babadook team, see what they say??

Did you contact the babadook team, see what they say??

For most sellers of items, customs and import fees are not their responsibility or problem. No company rolls import fees into their shipping fees and usually tell you that is your responsibility to find out what those costs will be and to pay them. I have sold stuff before and got negative feedback because the buyer was angry they had to pay fees and expected that I would have that covered in shipping costs. But no seller can estimate the charges and if they did tack those on to shipping costs, nobody would buy and claim they are "charging too much to ship".

For most sellers of items, customs and import fees are not their responsibility or problem. No company rolls import fees into their shipping fees and usually tell you that is your responsibility to find out what those costs will be and to pay them. I have sold stuff before and got negative feedback because the buyer was angry they had to pay fees and expected that I would have that covered in shipping costs. But no seller can estimate the charges and if they did tack those on to shipping costs, nobody would buy and claim they are "charging too much to ship".

Yes, I know, but you said it's because documents were uncompleted?? That's certainly not your fault, what was missing? Just the price? At least contact them, to tell them to add the price for overseas orders. I am still awaiting on my tracking number.

my Babadook book is finally in the UK. I just hope there aren't any customs delays, although I fully expect to have a customs charge.

80 dollars a piece. Mine are waiting in the depot thirty miles away... to be delivered Tuesday. Was hoping to get some nice 35mm shots of it uploaded today :(

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back