The "An American Werewolf in London" thread

MAKE BELIEVE

Master Member
Once there is not "An American Werewolf in London" thread, me and forum member Odin82 decided to start one.
Please feel free to post anything related to this great movie.
Here's what we got so far:

The Slaughtered Lamb pub sign:

sign.jpg
sign-2.jpg
sign-3.jpg
sign-4.jpg
sign-5.jpg

The clapperboard:

Odin82 managed to trace down the rooster watercolours on the pub walls (19th century hand-colored engravings by Newton Smith Fielding)

rooster-1.jpg
rooster-1b.jpg
rooster-2.jpg
rooster-2b.jpg
rooster-3.jpg
rooster-3b.jpg
rooster-3c.jpg
rooster-4.jpg
rooster-4b.jpg
rooster-5.jpg
rooster-5b.jpg

At the pub table:
1- the beer mats

table.jpg
beer mat.jpg

2- the Double Diamond ashtrays

This seems to be one of the ashtrays at the table - round yellow metal ashtray (sadly have not been able to get one yet)

ASHTRAY-1.jpg

Last edited:
Have been trying to find this pub peanuts sign, but no luck as of yet. Seems the company sold to KP or something around 1985. Might need to be a photoshop job as I can imagine finding a vintage one would be pretty tough after almost 40 years.
Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 18.18.25.jpg

Last edited:
So my sign arrived yesterday. Must say I'm really happy with it. Though I definitely jumped the gun ordering it and didn't realise it had cut out about an inch off the top and bottom. Making the cove routing the edges and circular bottom corner cuts outs a bit more difficult. Still though, absolutely happy with the quality of the wood print on 80 X 60 cm. I'd love to get the Blu Ray set, and get a proper scan of the art that came with it though, to get it a bit more sharp.

IMG_7496.JPG
IMG_7494.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7503.JPG
    IMG_7503.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7502.JPG
    IMG_7502.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7501.JPG
    IMG_7501.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7500.JPG
    IMG_7500.JPG
    917.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_7499.JPG
    IMG_7499.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_7498.JPG
    IMG_7498.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_7497.JPG
    IMG_7497.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
Would definitely re-scale the image, or get that BluRay and scan the poster. Have it printed both sides, and just flat pack ship, and then join them with biscuits and glue and some clamps. Great to know though getting wood prints is pretty easy these days! Might be other sites that do wider pieces of wood to get that 3 piece look.

Hopefully I'll do some routing to the sides this week, and might use an extra router piece for the bottom. The sides will all be stained. Then I'll have to pull out the dremel and do that style of aging the wood you had used. Have a lot of things I could use to weather it, but I'm in between two minds whether to weather it much. Might just route it, stain it, finish with a clear coat or two, and leave out in the Irish weather in the garden over this coming winter.

Yeap, scan the poster would be the best thing and I agree with you - knowing that getting wood prints is pretty easy these days is very good.

Maybe someone with a reddit account will post on the horror sub, asking someone with an A3 scanner and the BluRay to scan the image ..... :lol:

Last edited:
A bunch of years ago, HeroComplexGallery had a tribute to Rick Baker exhibition of art prints. Something like 50 of the orders would be hand signed by Rick Baker. Ordered a bunch of the AWIL prints, but sadly, wasn't lucky enough to get one of the 50 that were signed. Posting the link for posterity. The Monster Maker with Rick Baker

On the note of art prints, this is one of my faves "Stay off the Moors" by Tim Doyle. Have one of the original prints, but really wish I had managed to get the Variants with the red jacket on David. Fantastic print, and glows in the dark, which is pretty cool in the middle of the night. I see the DarkCityGallery site that sell the prints, recently have done a new run on them, but on a smaller scale like A3 or something.

One thing I'd love is if Laurent Durieux ever released an AWIL print. I'd be heartbroken to miss out on one of those!

Attachments

• Stay off the Moors.jpg
    Stay off the Moors.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Finally got around to pulling the router to the pub sign, and a bit of wood stain. Thought I had some varnish around but I guess I'm out. Excuse the bad quality iPhone 6 pics. I'll break out the DSLR when I give it some licks of varnish.

IMG_7905.JPG

IMG_7910.JPG
IMG_7907.JPG
IMG_7909.JPG

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back