The Abyss Remastered

Haven't seen this movie in a LONG time. Probably since the 90s sometime. This would be cool to see in theaters
I always forget how much James Cameron has always been obsessed with the ocean.
Surprising after such a rough production and almost drowning filming this movie.

Wonder if this will be the Director's Cut or not. I love the movie, but could really do without the tidal wave scene and "the power of love changes their minds before they wipe us all out" bit.

Wonder if this will be the Director's Cut or not. I love the movie, but could really do without the tidal wave scene and "the power of love changes their minds before they wipe us all out" bit.
Its Special Edition, so something new altogether. But, the trailer has a quick shot of the tidal wave over the Golden Gate bridge.
James Cameron has said that there are some new stuff never see before.
Guess we'll all find out soon.

“…and a few new surprises…”

There’s something very familiar about all of this…

;)

The Abyss is one of my favorites but the “Director’s Cut” ending sort of fumbled the landing for me.
Despite what different people think of the Special Editions, that trailer was still really awesome. I see it used some pre-Special Edition shots, like the Death Star 2 blowing up without the ring. Guess all the effect shots weren't done by then.
Guess we'll see if James Cameron learned how Star Wars fans took most of the Special Edition, or not.....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back