Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

I hope it's a good mix of practical effects and CGI, kinda like what they did with Where the Wild Things Are. I'm sure if the effects people took the time, they could not only CGI the faces, but also tweak some of the suit stuff to make it look like real muscle.

Plus, I hope the fight choreographers do something with the turtle's fighting styles so the people in the suits will think of the shell not as a hindrance, but as an asset. Maybe make a one of two of their fighting styles more defensive or something.

Michael Bay talks Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Video Dailymotion

Reposting what I recently posted elsewhere on FB.

Alien race? Since when are Turtles aliens?

"Kids will believe that these turtles actually do exist". This freaking worries me, hope they are not going heavy CGI for this. I want to see actors in muscle suits with more physical stunts than heavy CG in live action environment. I knew I won't have any real faith in the movie until a suitable director announcement was made. Then realized Jonathan Liebesman got attached last month to direct.

His previous credits.
2006 The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
2009 The Killing Room
2011 Battle: Los Angeles
2012 Wrath of the Titans (to be released later this month)

Haven't seen any of his films, so I can't really speculate anymore.

Welp, time to write this movie off. The funny thing is that if Bay isn't hated enough, once he more then likely ruins this movie, he'll probably have a bounty on his head.

Well, I was getting excited for this...until that load of drivel.

Michael Bay just a horrible person...

i was just about to post the whole "alien race" thing. i'm hoping that he's just talking about the source of the TCRI mutagen being of alien origin instead of the turtles.

...and changing the name to just NINJA TURTLES reeks of the old "next mutation" saban tv show.

i'll probably be there opening night, though... with a belly full of pizza and beer.

the question is, why is he still getting jobs?
Transformers made money, didn't it? Not as much as it would if it had been done right... but it made enough to have two sequels made... so enough for the studio number-crunchers to think it would be a good idea to keep betting on that idiot.

Transformers made money, didn't it? Not as much as it would if it had been done right... but it made enough to have two sequels made... so enough for the studio number-crushers to think it would be a good idea to keep betting on that idiot.

I blame the people who shoveled that crap into their mouths and chewed it happily as much as the guy who squatted and made the pile of crap.

Transformers made money, didn't it? Not as much as it would if it had been done right... but it made enough to have two sequels made... so enough for the studio number-crunchers to think it would be a good idea to keep betting on that idiot.

You know, there's clearly a fine line between what makes money and what's a good idea.

I'd rather see a film made that doesn't make a huge profit that's done right than one that makes a huge profit and and is done horribly wrong.

Though if a film is done right, it stands to reason that it will make a profit.

I assume that the general public plainly disagrees with you. They want stupid, violence and explosions and a plot that a 2-year-old could come up with. And that... equals Michael Bay!

I love Eastman as he's one of the original creators and he's doing a good job on the current ninja turtles reboot comic but ultimately, it seems like they're just getting ideas from him. If they want the turtles to be space aliens, have that absolutely stupid Venus di milo, have an evil corporate business man as their enemy and have them fly around in hovercraft, they will.

That's why I'll wait until this junk is out of theaters and I can get it from a street vendor.
Michael Bay would get it if the fanboys wouldn't rush to see every steaming pile...
I went to see TF3 in 3D and now I feel horrible...I need a hug. When I saw those recycled scenes from the Island on TF I was pissed.

Last edited:
Bay spits right in his audience's face since Transformers 2. T3 worsen the stuff. The guy just doesn't care about the moviegoers because his movies are still making money. So why bother changing ?
As for me, I won't give him any of my money, ever. That way, I'll " chill down and relax ", as Mr Bay suggested. Seriously, I'm not a turtle fanboy but this guy needs to stop, quick.

This has "The Onion" written all over it, but no. It's legit. Freaking aliens, freaking space jockey suits, freaking "That's Brilliant!" writers. I will not support Michael Bay period.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back