Syrus54 - Iron Man Mark 5 - Suitcase Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Syrus54 - Mark 5 ** Done, Ready for Unfolders

Modelling the suitcase sounds interesting.
Dung beetle did a nice job, though.
I dont think i'd be able to top it.

Hi syrus54 is there regular pdo of mark 5 back and you doing a great job on iron man armor design

Hey Syrus how far along is the unfolding process ? I'm not sure if I understand who's doing what and who's done and all that :confused

Well, I'm waiting on a couple unfolds right now, I just finished the shoulders, and only a couple parts to go.

Re: Syrus54 - Iron Man Mark 5

nice work bro :thumbsup , you took much benefit to low poly model, really very good, I was going to use it as a guide as well but as I have the scale model (hot-toys) led me a little more on that side and a couple of photos I got from the original model with more details, if you need anything tell me, greetings.
dlowrider's Albums

Last edited:

Thank you SO much syrus !!!!! you are the best been waiting for some1 to make mark v pep files !!!!! But where are they uploaded or are they not up yet ?

"Ironman4life"

will it be the one password for all the files? I'm assuming we PM you for it when the files are finished

I'd like to start with pepping the helmet, how do I know which is the correct size?

will it be the one password for all the files? I'm assuming we PM you for it when the files are finished

I'd like to start with pepping the helmet, how do I know which is the correct size?

he isnt passing the password on buddy if thers a specific size you want he will scale it for you

he isnt passing the password on buddy if thers a specific size you want he will scale it for you
Oh, OK thanks, I'd assumed the idea was to only PM the password, thereby creating a list of everyone who has had the files, preventing anyone claiming them as there own

so what/where do I need to measure to know which is the correct scale, what's the point of reference?
Default Size is 21.382882 What does that mean? 21.382882 what? cm? mm? inches? :(

If Syrus is doing the sizing what specific measurements will he want? Is height enough?

This is what gets me confused, every piece of pep I've downloaded has a completely different scale number, anywhere from 0 - 959
And yes I've read the how to scale armour thread, I've watched Stealths videos and I'm getting reasonably good with PD3, resizing files, modding for foam etc, it's just this starting scale that i get lost with lol

Is there some other tutorial/video I need to go through/watch?

The only way I've found to get the right size, is to pick a .PDO, make it, and determine if it's too big, small, or GOLDY-LOCKS. (just right)

It sucks, Believe me, I know... but it's what you gotta do in the world of Papercraft.

Just Pick 'N Print.

I have a drill Gauge, that says 1" = 25.4mm

Last edited:

Oh, OK thanks, I'd assumed the idea was to only PM the password, thereby creating a list of everyone who has had the files, preventing anyone claiming them as there own

so what/where do I need to measure to know which is the correct scale, what's the point of reference?
Default Size is 21.382882 What does that mean? 21.382882 what? cm? mm? inches? :(

If Syrus is doing the sizing what specific measurements will he want? Is height enough?

This is what gets me confused, every piece of pep I've downloaded has a completely different scale number, anywhere from 0 - 959
And yes I've read the how to scale armour thread, I've watched Stealths videos and I'm getting reasonably good with PD3, resizing files, modding for foam etc, it's just this starting scale that i get lost with lol

Is there some other tutorial/video I need to go through/watch?

I found this on Instructables it worked quite well for me.

1.Find out your height in inches.
2.Add 4-6 inches to that(If you don't,your armor will not fit)
3.Divide your height by 86. xx / 86 = x.xxxxx
4.Take the number you found in step 2, and multiply it by the current scale (usually around 31.9).
5.Go to Pepakura Designer, open the .pdo file, and go to the "scale" and then "scale factor".
6.Enter the number you found in step 4 in the "scale" box.
Then you could pick the pre-sized helmet that is closest the the number you come out with. Also It might help to have a mm
mm to inches - Google Search:)

I hope I helped.
P.S. Syrus54 these files look awesome!:thumbsup

Dear God.. I'm getting 10 Password requests PER DAY, (on a SLOW day), by noobs (who dont even have a single post yet).

You guys aint getting it: Stop asking.

Stop downloading DESIGNER, and use VIEWER like you're supposed to.

Some simple reading would do you well. But clearly too much.

So, as a Public Announcement, anyone who ask for the Password, will now be thrown into my Ignore list.

And since the people I need to ignore wont even read this Post, then By All Means: Ask Away...

Last edited:
come on noobs stop asking for the passwords you are going to ruin it for us dedicated followers of awesome modelers eventually he will stop every one and then i will be seriously peed off and im sure i wont be the only one

Well it certainly speaks to how poorly our young are educated, these days, when they can't read directions, or follow them... for those that are "older", I haven't a clue as to THIER problem... They are like that dude that smacked that singer's but while she was on stage... party-poopers!:thumbsdown

Syrus54 these files are awesome! Thanks for the time and effort you put into them, they look great:thumbsup! Sorry for all the trouble everyone is giving you:(

P.S. Syrus54 can I NOT have the password:lol

Thanks again for your time and effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back