Syrus54 - Iron Man Mark 5 - Suitcase Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Syrus54 - Mark 5

Awesome work Syrus, as usual!!

Thanks for the hard work!!

It´s so unfair that there are people that want to take credit for the effort and hard work of others...

Neck done:
mark516.jpg

Collar Done:
mark517.jpg

Work on the Back begins:
mark518.jpg

Closing in on Completion:
mark519.jpg

Back Done. Does anyone else see that Friggin' SMILEY Face???
mark520.jpg

That Smiley Face is creeping the hell outta me.

Last edited:

haha oh yeh never noticed that on the mk 5 befor lol but great work buddy so awsome hehe im printing out your awsome gemini back as we speak pal will have picks of it done on my thread when its built buddy

The abdomin is now done, and that completes the Entire Torso. Now just the Arms and Legs to go.
mark521.jpg

hey buddy your suits look awesome i love your work cant wait for the files will you be releasing them to the public if you are pls pm me with the links

Starting the Thigh... this is gonna suck. It looks harder than any other part I've done so far...
mark522.jpg

As expected... it's fighting me TOOTH and NAIL ! ! !
mark523.jpg

I'm gonna take the rest of the day, and try to hit this thing again tomorrow.

Broke out the 'ol Mark 5 poster to help me.
mk5poster.jpg

Last edited:

I dont believed I've ever worked on a model so damn detailed...
Mabey that's why no one has ever tried to make the Mark 5, eh?

mark524.jpg

OK, so I hit it Hard 'N Heavy today, got the GREY of the Thigh knocked out.
mark525.jpg

Just gotta struggle with the RED part now, then onto the Shin, mabey? Looks difficult as well...
mark526.jpg

I dont believed I've ever worked on a model so damn detailed...
Mabey that's why no one has ever tried to make the Mark 5, eh?

http://imageshack.us/a/img51/5109/mark524.jpg

OK, so I hit it Hard 'N Heavy today, got the GREY of the Thigh knocked out.
http://imageshack.us/a/img37/3142/mark525.jpg

Just gotta struggle with the RED part now, then onto the Shin, mabey? Looks difficult as well...
http://imageshack.us/a/img819/522/mark526.jpg

Syrus54 this is fantastic work! :D

P.S. I also love your Gemini too, it's just as awesome as this!

Update-Subscribed!

When I build this, it'll be for show, only... I am NOT gonna screw it up by trying to wear it! :) You are an artist, my friend... a true artist.

No, the thigh still needs the RED section finished... just trying to claw my way forward now that I'm in the STICKY part of this suit.

mark528.jpg

Gotta start in on the arms too...

You are the cgi artist, but I was wondering if you could just do one really good leg and then just copy and invert it. I couldn't imagine the logistics involved... it might be easier to just do them separately, but the gears are always rolling in my can, and I was curious.

I'm only modelling half the suit, The fact that you see 2 legs next to eachother is because the SYMMETRY is turned on. I'm not modelling the Left leg, THEN the right one, I'm having to model just 1 leg, but it's still extremely tedious.

All the intricuit little details require ALOT of attention.

mark529.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I think I figured out WHY i was having such a hard time as of late... I can only describe it in a metaphore, though:

I was in a boat (modelling along...), and all was well. A couple waves here and there, a shark that scared me, but it was pretty much smooth-sailing.

All of a sudden, a damn Storm hit me, and almost sank the boat. Next thing I know, I wake up, crashed onto the rocks of a deserted island.

The boat is destroyed. (this is me realizing the current method of modelling isnt working anymore), so I pull out my emergency dingy, and jump back into the water.

I'm sailing once again, and no storms on the horizon (yet)...

mark530.jpg

The shin wont turn out FULLY ACCURATE, but hopefully as close as I can get it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, DONE. Now onto the Arms and finish the Thigh.

mark531.jpg

Last edited:

Thank-you. :) I THOUGHT that would be easier than doing the whole thing. :lol Your suite is looking pro!

This is absolutely amazing!! Have you thought about letting JFCustom unfold this for Speed Foam building?
Will we need to purchase the PDOs when they are done, my bother wants me to build him the Mk V, lucky he's a 6'2" bean pole!

eagerly awaiting the finished results!! :cool

Alright, the Legs (which were a major pain in the ass) are done, onto the arms.

mark532.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back