studio scale 66" Enterprise:

In some of the classic footage, you see the Enterprise almost painfully white, a look I rather liked.

I wonder if any of you ever did some tests with a paint mixed with scotch-lite used in highway signs.

decals with no solid background, say zip-a-tone, may allow a washed out look from afar.

Something else I'm thinking about. Instead of having physical objects spin behind moving parts--I wonder if there is a way to have a hemispherical smart phone screen--with just enough memory to display a pattern--no lights, bits of mirror, etc.

Last edited:
I think the lighting and maybe the film type might have changed at some point...I seem to remember reading that some where.......that could be the reason for the color difference.

I assume your talking about the lighted nacelles ? the only part that moves in that part is the inner hemisphere, everything was Christmas lights.

it's been a few months, ive moved from my old place, finally got shop set up to where I can work on things again.

first the lower sensor

IMG_2198.JPG

once I added the half rounds, primed and finished it off, it was time to silicone, and then made a resin copy.

IMG_2200.JPG

then I made the clear dome. this has been molded with hydrostone to make a negative that can be used for vacuforming.

IMG_2205.JPG IMG_2206.JPG

this is a shot of the first scrapping

IMG_2196.JPG

the second scrapping comes out clearer

IMG_2197.JPG

after adding the tube to the rear, priming and sanding, it was off to molding

IMG_2209.JPG

IMG_2207.JPG IMG_2208.JPG

this is the bridge on the old lower section, I will make a new one, this will be vacuformed

IMG_2213.JPG

using the same plaster scraping method as before, I made molds for the dish.
this was a little more tricky, it took me a couple tries to get it the way I wanted it.

IMG_2242.JPG

IMG_2243.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back