Stranger Things Props

I'm sure these aren't accurate to anything in the show, but they are cheap enough to carry the spirit of a prop.
I bought one of those. They're definitely fun as a piece of merch. I'll snap some photos in a bit to compare them.

Hey everyone! Update on the Season 4 Flashlights. Turns out they were indeed modified to house a wireless dimmer system.
Check out this case study from City Theatrical specifically about the flashlights in Episode 5.
Multiverse Wireless DMX for Stranger Things Season 4 Case Study

There's no information on the custom cosmetic housing at the end, but they do touch on the internals a bit.
benhs1898 Dzics001 PitKempo

Either way, the original flashlight is still more than good enough to have.
This is a great find, that article is packed full of nuggets of information. I cant imagine powering a 30W LED in a little flashlight like that.

I'm just a cosplayer, not a prop collector, though I do have some screen-accurate things.

The watch, knife, holster, pen, hair tie, shirt, pants, belt, and US flag patch are correct.

The Hawkins Police patch, badge, boots, hat, and sunglasses are in the "close" camp.

The revolver is just a modified airsoft thing.

e3svbzQ.jpg

Last edited:
Thats great Dr Jones Sr !

You're inspiring me. I should really photograph my prop collection. It's grown a lot, but I'm still actively working on it so I may wait until certain things are a little more complete / finished. I have more coming in next week, but maybe I can post some good shots sometime soon.

You did an excellent job modifying the revolver. Thought it was real at first glance
Thanks!

Hopper's Season 2 revolver is a nickel-plated Colt Python with 4 inch barrel.

I couldn't find an airsoft of that, but what was widely available and cheap was the Rick Grimes "zombie killer".

It's identical to Hopper's but with a 6 inch barrel.

So I bought the Rick Grimes airsoft, took the whole thing apart, removed every bit of metal, chopped the barrel, and glued it back together.

The result is a decently accurate non-ferrous prop. (Note that the screws are gone, some day I'll find plastic screws.)

5lNwSOH.jpg

Managed to find get my hands on some accurate versions of Dustin's Armitron FM Radio watch. All of them have working radios and about half of them have working watch faces. Have to do some TLC in the battery compartment on the few that don't have the working watch face.

Either way, these things are super clean, fun to play around with, and transport you right back to the 80s. Not to mention they are pretty hard to find.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    713.1 KB · Views: 49

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back