Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP (UPDATE 7/22) New pep files done & unfolded!

Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP (UPDATE 6/22) Helmet paint up

Update:

Today I cut, painted, and glued the teeth in. I also added some black mesh behind the frown.

5875545230_702f81d8ce_z.jpg

Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP (UPDATE 6/26) Helmet paint up and detail

The pep looks great. who knew you could take a few sheets of paper and make a storm trooper bucket. Just be sure not show any of the 501st they would for sure wet their armor.. KEEP it up trooper[

Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP (UPDATE 6/22) Helmet paint up

Holy crap, man! That started as paper? That's insanely impressive and you should be extremely proud of your work!

Thanks for the complement. Paper can result in wonderful things with some determination and patience. Its nice to see a fellow pianist and student of Chopin around.

Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP (UPDATE 6/26) Helmet paint up and detail

WOW that armor is looking really nice so far! Keep up the great work! One question, where did you get those new stormtrooper pep templates? They look a lot more simple but yet better than the ones I have. Thanks

Hi all! I am new to this site today! Fierfek, I am astounded by your work, as I am by ALL the incredible projects on here! I probably am introducing myself to the forum in the wrong place, (any directions are welcome!) but I had to comment on your superb work.
I also want to build my own Stormtrooper helmet and am currently working out the logistics of it (money...) so I will post as I go....You guys are incredible!

Last edited:

WOW that armor is looking really nice so far! Keep up the great work! One question, where did you get those new stormtrooper pep templates? They look a lot more simple but yet better than the ones I have. Thanks

Thanks, I will have an update soon. The new model I've been using for the armor is a game model I edited from TFU2 . The new pep files are more accurate and are easier to build.
5809430874_8f2c5fa207_z.jpg

Hi all! I am new to this site today! Fierfek, I am astounded by your work, as I am by ALL the incredible projects on here! I probably am introducing myself to the forum in the wrong place, (any directions are welcome!) but I had to comment on your superb work.
I also want to build my own Stormtrooper helmet and am currently working out the logistics of it (money...) so I will post as I go....yYou guys are incredible!

Thank you very much and welcome to the boards. You are welcome to my unfold of the stormtrooper helmet pep file. As far as monetary logistics it cost me around 35$ to build the helmet and some armor. The cost is relatively inexpensive, but it will take a lot of time and patience according to your experience.

Great work my friend :) I wouldnt mind a stromtropper helmet myself :)

You're doing a great job, I had considered doing this once, but me and Bondo are not good friends, so I couldn't get it to the quality I want, which would be 501st Quality; Something I think you are hitting very nicely.

Keep it up cause I'm drooling to see the rest of the armor 'unfold'. :D

Thank you very much and welcome to the boards. You are welcome to my unfold of the stormtrooper helmet pep file. As far as monetary logistics it cost me around 35$ to build the helmet and some armor. The cost is relatively inexpensive, but it will take a lot of time and patience according to your experience.

Well Fierfek, that's incredibly generous of you! I was going to do it the laborius way with 2D drawings and thin plywood templates sandwiching layers of foam but your pep helmet looks pretty awesome! how would I go about accepting your offer and what software would I need, to run it?
Many thanks,
Darren

Well Fierfek, that's incredibly generous of you! I was going to do it the laborius way with 2D drawings and thin plywood templates sandwiching layers of foam but your pep helmet looks pretty awesome! how would I go about accepting your offer and what software would I need, to run it?
Many thanks,
Darren

No problem. Just send me a PM with your email and I'll email you the file and you would open and print it with pepakura viewer. The program can be found here Pepakura Designer

You're doing a great job, I had considered doing this once, but me and Bondo are not good friends, so I couldn't get it to the quality I want, which would be 501st Quality; Something I think you are hitting very nicely.

Keep it up cause I'm drooling to see the rest of the armor 'unfold'. :D

Thanks, bondo seems to adore me because its embrace welcomes me everyday until I shower. I have been using the 501st CRL for reference, but I highly doubt my suit being accepted.

I think you can get it there, you're looking way better then the Lego Scout Trooper that tried the same route.

I'd kill to have your abilities or someone with them to instruct me, I still can't mix the hardener in so it doesn't dry up to fast on me.

I think you can get it there, you're looking way better then the Lego Scout Trooper that tried the same route.

I'd kill to have your abilities or someone with them to instruct me, I still can't mix the hardener in so it doesn't dry up to fast on me.

I certainly will try for the best quality, but there is always the next time until I get it right. Lego scout trooper you say? My first costume when I was younger was the two liter bottle biker scout.

As far as working with bondo, just mix small golf ball batches on your project and squirt about an inch length of hardener on the bondo. Then mix with a spatula in a circular motion until you get a even pink mixture and smooth the bondo in one direction with the spatula. Its not an ancient Chinese secret. Use the force you must.

Oh so you edited those files yourself from The Force Unleashed? Very nice. I though you got those from somewhere else and I was hoping I could get them as well, since they look a great deal simpler and easier to build, yet more accurate.

Oh so you edited those files yourself from The Force Unleashed? Very nice. I though you got those from somewhere else and I was hoping I could get them as well, since they look a great deal simpler and easier to build, yet more accurate.

I'm not done with editing and unfolding the armor,but as soon as I'm finished I'll let everyone know. I only have the chest and back done.

Update:

Here's a small update. I managed to paint the trapezoidal details and lined them with a paint marker.
5888257382_9d749ce4f9_z.jpg

5888259122_ebb967a35e_z.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back