Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP (UPDATE 7/22) New pep files done & unfolded!

Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP (UPDATE 3/19)

Wow that looks great! I am about to start mine and was apprehensive about the quality. can't wait!

Wow that looks great! I am about to start mine and was apprehensive about the quality. can't wait!

Thanks. The quality ultimately depends on how much time, effort, and work you put into it. Good luck and remember you can't rush art.

Update:

I decided to make a new chest plate using new templates because I wasn't completely satisfied with the first. Here is a pic of it
5832664443_4ac8b8390c_m.jpg
pepped.

Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP (UPDATE 6/14)

That backpack looks great and all, but some of the detail like the hose needs to be removed. That would be a royal pain to try and pep it. If you would like it cleaned up for pep my e-mail is cylonproject2000@yahoo.com

That backpack looks great and all, but some of the detail like the hose needs to be removed. That would be a royal pain to try and pep it. If you would like it cleaned up for pep my e-mail is cylonproject2000@yahoo.com

I agree some parts of the backpack shouldn't be used for pep. I intended to separate the useful parts, but never got around to it. Any help would be much appreciated. I'll shoot you an email. Thanks.

Update:

Presently I have fiberglassed the chest plate and have proceeded to trim the excess fiberglass mat. A little warping has occurred, but overall it is solid.
5836915674_7fd30a739c_z.jpg

Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP (UPDATE 6/15)

I have been watching your work very closely for the past few months. You have talent any one can see it. You make the rest of these prop making wana be's look like toddlers finger painting. You see I always say why do some thing if your not goin To do it right. Masterful work.

I have been watching your work for the past few months very closely. You have talent any one can see it.you make the rest of these prop making wana be's look like a couple of toddlers finger painting. You know I always say if your not going to do it right then don't do it at all masterful work best by far.

Thanks for the great compliment. I haven't been doing this work very long and am still much in need of talent to match some of the incredible builds here.

Update:

The new back plate is built using the new model. The overall shape is more accurate than the former back plate.
5849434686_fe6bdf09b6_z.jpg

Finally, after countless hours of sanding I have thrown down the sanding block. Here is how the helmet stands thus far. Even though it's not perfect and could have used more work, I decided to slap some paint on already. More detailing is in order until completion.

5864957419_9cb6811b2e_z.jpg

5865511192_b9b8c9e141_z.jpg

5864953481_3a43f56877_z.jpg

Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP (UPDATE 6/22) Helmet paint up

Here is a pic after another coat with mock up lenses. They will be replaced with green bubble lenses.

5866311409_dcff7429f7_z.jpg

Seriously if I only saw that last picture of the helmet, I would not believe that the base of it is paper! That is an excellent job don't beat yourself up that it is not good enough! How many coats of bondo did you have to lay down? If your helmet looks that good, the rest of the armor should be a lot easier.

Seriously if I only saw that last picture of the helmet, I would not believe that the base of it is paper! That is an excellent job don't beat yourself up that it is not good enough! How many coats of bondo did you have to lay down? If your helmet looks that good, the rest of the armor should be a lot easier.

Thank you for your kind words. As a perfectionist, I will always see flaws with my work and will try for the best I can do. I probably covered the helmet about five times with bondo and lots of small applications of bondo glazing putty. Yes the armor I believe will be a lot easier than the helmet.

Holy crap, man! That started as paper? That's insanely impressive and you should be extremely proud of your work!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back