Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

I'm placing my bets on "Something something Jedi"

The trick there is if balls of steel are maintained and it turns out or new Jedi heroin is actually the one that slaughtered all Luke's academy people while she herself was a child, and not Ben Solo, "Jedi" will have no play. If thats to be, Ben would take the blame and accept the lore for what was done as he wants to be something he isnt where Rey is both good and evil in one package. The seeds for this are planted in TFA where whenever the force shows in her (under duress) she becomes enraged as if its a dual personality. Something/someone else seems to take over. To keep anything like this a secret, the title itself would have to lay focus on something unrelated, such as the rise of the new empire. There is nothing to now stop them from forming minus a very small band of rebels. Something extraordinary would have to materialize to help fight the new empire from within, hence Ben/Kylo Ren would turn to the light side as thats where his true higher power comes from. He's torn and conflicted in TFA because he simply wants to be powerful yet is misdirected by (I hate saying this name) Snoke. He would likely sacrifice himself to save Rey. Full circle.

I vaguely remember that prior to the release of TFA someone said that in this trilogy someone would start out light and end up dark, and vice versa.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The trick there is if balls of steel are maintained and it turns out or new Jedi heroin is actually the one that slaughtered all Luke's academy people while she herself was a child, and not Ben Solo, "Jedi" will have no play. If thats to be, Ben would take the blame and accept the lore for what was done as he wants to be something he isnt where Rey is both good and evil in one package. The seeds for this are planted in TFA where whenever the force shows in her (under duress) she becomes enraged as if its a dual personality. Something/someone else seems to take over. To keep anything like this a secret, the title itself would have to lay focus on something unrelated, such as the rise of the new empire. There is nothing to now stop them from forming minus a very small band of rebels. Something extraordinary would have to materialize to help fight the new empire from within, hence Ben/Kylo Ren would turn to the light side as thats where his true higher power comes from. He's torn and conflicted in TFA because he simply wants to be powerful yet is misdirected by (I hate saying this name) Snoke. He would likely sacrifice himself to save Rey. Full circle.

Jedi Heroin,.....Star Wars drug?

It is interesting that Rey's predator look while she looks down on the maimed Kylo,...looks strikingly similar to the pacing Maul,...like a caged animal.... watching Qui Gon sitting with his eyes closed as they wait for the shield to open to continue their duel.

She looked like she was ready to finish him off

J

Last edited by a moderator:

As I recall, in the novelization Rey hears a voice telling her to finish Kylo Ren off but she regains control and decides against it. In the movie, a (convenient) chasm opens up, ending any further interaction. It'd make for an interesting twist if they do the ol' morality switcheroo on Rey and Ben but I'd kinda hate to see Rey go down that path. She's so likable, at least to me. Granted, that would stir emotions I never had when the same happened to Anakin. I honestly didn't care that much then.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back