Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

Yeah, the prevailing theories suggest this may be Corellia or Chandrila (a former Republic capitol in the new canon). Ralph McQuarrie also penned some Imperial Guard concepts for ANH (not the red robed guys in RotJ) that Mollo recycled for his Cloud City guards so some suggest they could be FO. I kinda doubt it though.

In the Ep. VIII pics, I actually wonder if it's a droid caller or some sort of baton. The Shredder helmet was just a take on the samurai helmet that also influenced a lot of SW designs. These police helmets also kinda sorta remind me of some of the various lobstertail helmets we see throughout history (ie: Cromwellian, etc), which I suspect might've been some inspiration for the original concepts to begin with.

Well they seem to be heavily influenced by John Mollo's original concept of the Cloud City guards, so the shoulder piece doesn't look *too* out of place in that regard.

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad194/Mousedroid-Hoojib/CloudCityGuard_zps4df052fe.jpg

I've never seen that pic before! If they added the detail to it, that would make it look so much better.

I really hope they finally show Corellia in a SW movie. That and Ord Mantell (sp?) that Han talks about in ESB. Those are the only two planets (I think) that are mentioned that we never seen. Oh Tanaab, which Lando mentions, is in that list too I guess.

'Members of the crew were also seen hoisting a huge feline-like head up into the air in front of a green-screen after the sun had set'

This is Ep.VIII, right?

I think there's been speculation this is Han's funeral but I think it's just spitballing at this point. Leia's black garb concept art is a compelling argument I guess but it'd be a shame to have a funeral for Han and not have Rey, Luke and especially Chewie there too.

I like the Creature from the Black Lagoon-esque alien.

Well its not like Han is going to be there either, besides I am sure 3PO will be there to say something inappropriate and ruin the moment.

Lol!

The new aliens look fine but I still find it a bit odd that we've seen almost none of the commonly encountered aliens from the OT and PT (Rodians, Twi-leks, etc.)...

This is something I've almost posted dozens of times...

As common as humans are in SW, some of the established aliens seemed like they would be REMOTELY common...

Yet we're starting to see nothing but new 1 of a kind aliens everywhere.

Lol!

The new aliens look fine but I still find it a bit odd that we've seen almost none of the commonly encountered aliens from the OT and PT (Rodians, Twi-leks, etc.)...

Last edited:

How many aliens were there in ESB that we saw again other than Yoda? There were several aliens in the ANH Cantina and Jabba's palace that we never saw again in any SW live action film. People always do this, if an alien species isn't seen in SW before "It somehow doesn't look like SW." It makes me laugh, as we've seen aliens in every SW film that we haven't seen before in a previous film. People complain about too many rehashes, but then when they do some new things, "It doesn't look like SW." Realize we are probably going to planets never been to before. Who knows what they have? We did have Ackbar and Nunb in the last movie.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back