Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

The entire idea of putting someone in a tank of goo requiring a regulator to breath and leaving them floating is wildly impractical.
I thought it had more to do with luke being frost bitten. Having a very specific purpose

But just like moisture vaporators, they're gonna be EVERYWHERE in the disneyverse

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I thought it had more to do with luke being frost bitten. Having a very specific purpose

But just like moisture vaporators, they're gonna be EVERYWHERE in the disneyverse

Hey, from an ecological standpoint, capturing ambient moisture isn't a bad idea, not only in arid environments. Slap a few moisture vaporators down and you're good, as far as fresh water is concerned.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hey, from an ecological standpoint, capturing ambient moisture isn't a bad idea, not only in arid environments. Slap a few moisture vaporators down and you're good, as far as fresh water is concerned.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
It makes perfect sense. But only as an industry on the most desolate planet in the galaxy. That was the point of it. It was so depressing.

But my point is, these are just fantastic set pieces that are now part of branding.

It's all about 'memberberries

Agreed. They are on a roll. Of course, the roll may get stale if it isn't handled carefully.
True. I think they actually have done a decent job so far. I thought the books were the end of it all because after ROTS was released I thought the movies were finished because there was nowhere else to go with them.

Lucasfilm DOES need to realize the point you made though: that they can only continue the series the way that they are doing it for so long before people dislike their franchise and everything they create from that point.

Alex

The entire idea of putting someone in a tank of goo requiring a regulator to breath and leaving them floating is wildly impractical.

But it is obviously something that is done, as the OT showed. The bacta suit doesn't bother me per se but does seem rather silly since a dunk in a bacta tank for a while would suffice, based on what we've seen. I guess this is their way of showing tech progression, and I'm fine with that I suppose.

But it is obviously something that is done, as the OT showed. The bacta suit doesn't bother me per se but does seem rather silly since a dunk in a bacta tank for a while would suffice, based on what we've seen. I guess this is their way of showing tech progression, and I'm fine with that I suppose.

My point is all these years later a walking around bacta suit seems far more practical.

I think I would have preferred it if he we partially bionic for episode 8

Really this doesn't bother you?
d05eed1eb43f6d43c36602eb6b34e96c.jpg

My point is all these years later a walking around bacta suit seems far more practical.

Ahhh, I see.

It does if it looks like that! Haha! I will say it would seem to me that one must really need to be getting somewhere urgently if you need a suit full of bacta and can't wait for a leisurely bacta tank dip. :lol

Maybe it's not progression, just another way to do similar, and his injuries weren't exactly the same as Luke's. We have multiple ways of doing certain medical procedures, why can't they in the SW Universe?

Maybe it's not progression, just another way to do similar, and his injuries weren't exactly the same as Luke's. We have multiple ways of doing certain medical procedures, why can't they in the SW Universe?

Yeah, who knows? My take was that he suffered a rather severe spinal injury which seems worse than Luke's cuts and hypothermia. Assuming that's the case, I'd figure he might be advised not to be too mobile (and requiring a bacta suit) unless there is a pressing, plot related reason for him to be mobile. I'm assuming the latter is the case.

I'll wait to see, but hopefully it's not THAT puffy. The reason for the tank is if you have a massive injury, like Luke did. Remember Luke most likely had pretty bad frostbite all over as well as the Wampa inflicted injuries. In the old EU they did use bacta bandages or something like an air cast filled with bacta. So I think this could either turn out looking completely ridiculous or it will work.

.... we haven't even seen it yet... before we continue complaining why don't we just give it a try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at what medicine does today that wasn't done or even possible in the early 80's. It's really a shock to think an advanced civilization could do things differently after 30 years, or have different applications for different injuries?

Not to mention the fact the rebellion was strapped for cash and using even older stuff that 30 years old.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back