Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I don't see why there would have to be another ship, there's been plenty of movies where a vehicle is being shot from an unseen chase vehicle, this shot isn't all that different except that the "chase vehicle" in this case is virtual and following the Falcon's moves very closely.
Precisely. There is a difference. if you see the stabilised shot, you will notice that the "chase vehicle" is also doing a roll close the ground which is over the top IMHO.

The (virtual) "chase vehicles" in the old trilogy were moving only in a straight line, or it was from the POV of a ship in the movie.

I'm still wiping the tears from my eyes from laughing so hard.

For a second I thought this was a legitimate and honest viewer reaction video. I LOLed pretty hard at his reaction to the lightsaber, but the demolition of Star Wars merchandise and, I mean, come on, R5 fornication? A bit too much. Ripping that MIB Han on Tauntaun made me break out in a cold sweat ...

DAMN I gotta watch that vid again :lol

Precisely. There is a difference. if you see the stabilised shot, you will notice that the "chase vehicle" is also doing a roll close the ground which is over the top IMHO.

The (virtual) "chase vehicles" in the old trilogy were moving only in a straight line, or it was from the POV of a ship in the movie.

Yeah shaky cam, chase vehicle POV, these don't bother me that much. It's when the camera starts to do barrel rolls and vertigo kicks in.

Call me crazy but when i go to a movie I want my chance of puking to stay under 10%. That clip from the teaser on the big screen will probably push thing up to 35% chance.

Call me crazy but when i go to a movie I want my chance of puking to stay under 10%. That clip from the teaser on the big screen will probably push thing up to 35% chance.

Anybody heard any rumors about this being shot in native 3D?

Its being shot on 35mm/ 70mm film (for IMAX screens ) so its not native 3D. The decision was "lets do this as much like the original film as possible". However a 3D conversion is probably highly likely.

If the worst thing we have to be upset about is a 3D conversion then we're doing fine.

The "Hunger games" sequels have not been converted to 3D. IMO that is telling. I think 3D is probably dying again.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back