Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

It's 1000 times better than him turning to the dark side. Still not thrilled he's been self-exiled, but I can dig his reasons for doing it, so I give it a pass [emoji14]

Now that would be very cool! I can totally see that idea repaving the post ROTJ EU.

I still would have like Lucas to explain certain things about the Force a little clearer. For example how can any Jedi be more powerful than someone like Yoda who's studied for 900 years? Even if you have Anakin's potential, Yoda still has experience over you.

Out of all the rumours this one sounds the most logical. I'm willing to bet this is it and it just sounds awesome and if anyone can pull it off Mark can. :)

Ben
I concur. Also, it sounds like an actor of Hamill's caliber could have a good deal of fun with a character arc like this.

I have mixed feelings about the latest Luke rumor. Initial thoughts are positive and a feeling of a cool twist and a reasonable arc for the character... but, when I really think about it - it just seems like it's missing something.

Vader/Anakin was meant to be the chosen one. His virgin birth, the prophecy and all that... Luke becoming more powerful than his Dadddy, just takes away from just how powerful Vader was meant to be.

Luke's blood/midichlorian's has been "diluted." While we may never truly know the story behind Anakin's conception/birth... I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that Luke (and Leia) wouldn't be quite as powerful due to their "human" mother.

Of course - if the force is also a learned thing, it's also not hard to believe that Luke dove in the "Jedi archive" (or had some quest to uncover the Jedi secrets) and devoted his life to uncovering the old ways of the force - leading him down this (potentially) all powerful path.

Frankly, I think Luke's confrontation and him not giving in to two very powerful Sith Lords (Vader and the Emperor) was a a huge test and one that showed that he is above those kind of temptations. (But, it also might mean that he recognizes those temptations and he's opened new doors that provide greater temptations).

So... if anything, I'm not sure how I really feel about this.

Maybe the force is more powerful when it is in less people.

Back when there were hundreds of Jedi each of them would only be getting a diluted amount, but at the end of ROTJ, its just Luke.

Maybe this is why there are only ever two Sith, and maybe why Luke would become more powerful as the only lightsider wielding the entire force.

It just seems to me that this whole Luke thing should maybe be the arc over the entire new trilogy. I mean, if what they are saying is true about Luke, this seems massive! If all that gets resolved in the first movie, where do you go from there? Does that mean Luke will not be in any of the other movies? How do you just ditch Luke after this movie and move on without him?

Star Wars
Episode VII
The Force Awakens

attachment.php

sw7fa.jpg

I'm getting that super exciting feeling back again like back in the late 90's. Another Star Wars film. Midnight showing with people cheering and going nuts. I can't wait!!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back