Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

To come to the defense, not that they need it, of Dan and others posting here, I respect and welcome their comments and it's part of a healthy online discussion…Even Jeyl although it pains me to say it.

Oh, come on. Even I give you a sense of vindication every now and than.

It sounds like some of you have never read a book where your hand wasn't held the entire way throughout. Books, movies, or games don't and shouldn't need to layout everything to you like you're a kid. Some things you should be able to link together.

We don't need an exhaustive primer on how the Republic works. You think people bitch about the politics in the Prequels now! It's pretty obvious that somehow Palpatine engineered the vote so that he would win and become the new Chancellor. Why do you need more than that? Should Lucas have laid out the entire multi-year strategy from step one to tell you how Palpatine passed that no confidence vote on screen? I can layout pretty clearly how Hitler came to power without giving you the exact workings of the German Reichstag to get you to understand it. The other issue brought up was the blockade. They tell you in the movie that there's too much procedure and politicking to get things done. They can't stop debating to actually stop a blockade. People really didn't get that?

Exactly! Everything shouldn't need to be laid out in detail in order to be comprehensible, especially not to intelligent, thinking adults.

Wow! Some people have nothing to do all day but type exhaustive, over-long, paragraph-heavy posts dissecting crap that I don't care about; that wasn't needed in any film that is supposed to be entertaining!. I will see the new movie like I saw all the others. I will either enjoy it or not, like the others. But I will not sit in the dark and gripe, pule and moan about the shortcomings to all and sundry. Back away from the keyboard ... Go outside and let some Vitamin D into your head!

An internet forum discussion went off topic?!?!?!

delicate.jpg

Any time you have actual news to discuss about Episode VII, feel free to offer it. Or if you have some speculation about Episode VII, feel free to offer that.

In the meantime, if you have a problem with me, toe the line and bring it up to me directly, or if that's not your style, PM me about it. But spare me the pissy little "some people" routine.

The other issue brought up was the blockade. They tell you in the movie that there's too much procedure and politicking to get things done. They can't stop debating to actually stop a blockade. People really didn't get that?

Another moment that doesn't make any sense because, well, the Trade Federation says this.

Lott Dodd: We recommend a commission be sent to Naboo to ascertain the truth.

Yes. Let's have the Chancellor send someone to Naboo to see what's going on... Didn't he already do that with the Jedi in the movie's opening? If the Jedi were on Naboo on the Chancellor's behalf, why aren't they there with the Queen offering their findings? You would think a group that pride themselves on being the "Guardians of peace and Justice" throughout the galaxy would want to inform the senate that the Trade Federation not only tried to MURDER THEM on several occasions but also saw their invasion force first hand literally invading the planet. The Queen's crew are witnesses, they have recorded transmissions from Naboo and even confirmed reports that the Chancellor even knows that the Trade Federation has a force of warships blockading the planet. This is less an issue about "politics slow things down" and more of an issue with common sense with everyone.

Sidious back? Yaaay :D

"Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen"

Another moment that doesn't make any sense because, well, the Trade Federation says this.

Lott Dodd: We recommend a commission be sent to Naboo to ascertain the truth.

Yes. Let's have the Chancellor send someone to Naboo to see what's going on... Didn't he already do that with the Jedi in the movie's opening? If the Jedi were on Naboo on the Chancellor's behalf, why aren't they there with the Queen offering their findings? You would think a group that pride themselves on being the "Guardians of peace and Justice" throughout the galaxy would want to inform the senate that the Trade Federation not only tried to MURDER THEM on several occasions but also saw their invasion force first hand literally invading the planet. The Queen's crew are witnesses, they have recorded transmissions from Naboo and even confirmed reports that the Chancellor even knows that the Trade Federation has a force of warships blockading the planet. This is less an issue about "politics slow things down" and more of an issue with common sense with everyone.

Lott Dodd didn't send Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan....

And they're trying to find out who's behind it all. Not a good idea to go tell everyone everything ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh no... I really hope they're not going the route of the clone emperor. I really got my hopes up that that would be scrapped when they said they'd be hacking out parts of the EU.

Lott Dodd didn't send Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan....

I think you missed a detail there Terminator.

And they're trying to find out who's behind it all. Not a good idea to go tell everyone everything.

Not a good idea to tell everyone everything? Palpatine and Queen Amidala literally call out the Trade Federation in front of the entire senate over this invasion and are demanding something be done. I think that qualifies as telling everyone who's behind the invasion.

I think you missed a detail there Terminator.

...?

Not a good idea to tell everyone everything? Palpatine and Queen Amidala literally call out the Trade Federation in front of the entire senate over this invasion and are demanding something be done. I think that qualifies as telling everyone who's behind the invasion.

They still didn't reveal everything.

Guess I've got to spell it out for ya.

Yes. Let's have the Chancellor send someone to Naboo to see what's going on... Didn't he already do that with the Jedi in the movie's opening?

And where exactly did Queen Amidala and Palpatine state that their goal was to find out who was behind everything? The only thing Queen Amidala was interested in was getting help to stop the Trade Federation's invasion of her home world. She knows it's the Trade Federation, so where are you getting this "they're trying to find out who's behind it all" when she's pretty convinced who is behind it?

Queen Amidala: Our people are dying senator. We must do something quickly to stop the Federation.

As far as her character is concerned, the Trade Federation ARE the ones behind it all, which means she didn't hold back anything when she told the senate. So what are you talking about?

If the emperor didn't die, he'd be stupid to wait 30+ years to exact his revenge. Just show up a few days/weeks later and reclaim your position at the head of the empire and go from there. You don't sit around 30 years and try and rebuild an army capable of beating them.

I really hope that isn't it.

Hahahaha, but just for the flashback or a Force-ghost scene........mmmm.Maybe his ghost is attached to some place that's strong with the Dark-Side, mmm why would they bring him back at all, doesn't make much sense now does it? Or maybe some Dark Side-wielder will try summoning his spirit via a Sith Ritual or a Sith Holocron.

Last edited:

My only fear is that they will try to twist the "feel" of the Star Wars universe in the same way Lucas did with the PT. I think J.J. understands the OT SW feel, but I'm left a tad hesitant with the reappearance of Palpatine news.

Me too, I think he's doing it because he feels that there has to be somekind of connection to "Return of the Jedi" , to where the Evil ended.Palpatine without Vader doesn't sit Right, I hope they won't bring Vader back as a Ghost/Flashback or anything else for that matter.

Do we really know Palpatine died? We just see a flash of light and a rush of wind at the end of ROTJ. Maybe he pulled some kind of Sauron deal. Maybe he disappears to the dark side of the force and it takes him 30 years to regain enough strength to become back to the land of the living?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back