Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

But then again... they are RUMORS! Rumors only no matter how credible have no basis in truth... who's to say that it was a rumor that wasn't started just to stir up the fans? JJ is known for letting misinformation spill out only to prove everyone wrong and then again, there is always the chance that once a rumor gets out they go back at the last minute and shoot a new scene or cut it a new way with extra footage that dispells all rumors before it hits the theaters. I don't care how "credible" the source is. This is Star Wars and JJ is known for manipulating the rumor mills to his own benefit. Nothing is set in stone until the movie hits the screens!

Because the previous trailers have also made fact a lot of what the same sites said ages ago. So much has panned out that there's no rational reason to think something a big as Hans demise coming from multiple sources is simple obfuscation.Same with Luke, he doesn't feature in this film until the very end.

- - - Updated - - -

ru·mor/ˈro͞omər/
[/B]

noun
a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

Denial is not a river in Eygpt. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
But then again... they are RUMORS! ....Nothing is set in stone until the movie hits the screens!

True enough, and even if multiple sources have brought forth details surrounding it, we will not know for certain until December. I'm hoping that the rumors aren't true, but I'm afraid that they are because even without the supposed "leaks" it would make a lot of sense if he goes out tragically-but-heroically. (The odd thing is that as soon as the rumor started circulating, most people I saw comment seemed fine with the idea...)

That still doesn't mean anything... you're going on information gleened from RUMORs... no matter how credible the source does not mean that it is true.... fact... or set in stone in any way shape or form. I don't care if the "source" is JJ Abrahams hair dresser... unless it has been recorded and can be verified undeniably, it's not true!

Unless it was a cover up on Ford's part what I understand is he was FINISHED with Han after ROTJ,he wanted Han dead all the way back then so why come back? to give Han the send off he's always wanted? that makes sense.

I can see it,I can see having one very PO'd Luke showing up at the end with a vengeance,I can see him taking Rey and maybe Finn too under his wing and training them.

Here look at the screen shot of Rey over Hans body.

Here's how I'm seeing it, and I do hope that I'm wrong.
solo.jpg

***EDIT*** I've actually changed my mind. Like Serenity suggested, it's more likely Finn and not Han.***

Last edited:
This is what I really hate about rumors! I could sit here and start a rumor that "Leia watches as Chewie is killed by an Ewok" and would you believe it? Probably not... but then if I added "I heard from a credible source that..." to the beginning, all the sudden your belief level goes up a notch or two. Then if I went a bit further and paid an actor to pretend he worked on the crew of Star Wars, and did a fake interview with him to "leak" that information on some stupid online blog, all the sudden everyone starts believing it's true and hellfire starts raining down on all the gossip sites. Sometimes you just gotta ask yourself... are you a wolf or a sheep? The same goes with medicine commercials... if you see an ad on tv that states that a medicine has the side effect of possible death from taking it, but 4 out of 5 doctors recommend it because it was recently studied at a major medical institution to work 45% of the time for toe nail fungus, are you more interested now in taking the drug that could end up killing you? Think people... the only truth will be what you see on the big screen... every little tidbit of information you are fed from these trailers is there to stir the pot up and generate interest. But those rumor mill sites... don't believe everything you read on the internet!

Wow, you are really struggling with this. Why? Han dying to save his friends, killed by his fallen, lost son, it's powerful stuff narratively. It also is a vey credible rumor. It also looks like that is Han in the image. Also Harrison Ford likely didn't come back to make Star Wars films for the next 5 years. He's back for a one and done because that's what he always wanted. EVERYTING points in that direction. Brace yourself.

Wow, you are really struggling with this. Why? Han dying to save his friends, killed by his fallen, lost son, it's powerful stuff narratively. It also is a vey credible rumor. It also looks like that is Han in the image. Also Harrison Ford likely didn't come back to make Star Wars films for the next 5 years. He's back for a one and done because that's what he always wanted. EVERYTING points in that direction. Brace yourself.

Agreed! I think Solo's death was the only way to sign Ford on for the movie. :) This is going to be one dark film! Awesome way to kick start the new trilogy!

"... unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Indeed, a lot of us here think that it DOES agree with our common sense for many different reasons. This doesn't make it certain; we just think it's plausible and very likely to be true.

I'll be the first to breathe a huge sigh of relief IF this particular rumor turns out to be false.

Here's how I'm seeing it, and I do hope that I'm wrong.
View attachment 543329

If you tweak the brightness on that photo, it looks like the area above the "Back of Han's Shoulder" words is a red stripe like on the front of Finn's jacket.

xaUtJpuh.jpg

I do think that Han does die, but I also think this is could be Finn after the lightsaber duel and the lights are someone (Chewie?) in the Falcon coming to pick them up.

It's Poe. Or some random resistance fighter...

I was going to say that it didn't look like Hans jacket BEFORE the brightened pic.

IMG_2708.jpg Found this on instagram, might be doctored, as I cant get that helmet that visible after playing with the screencaps ive got.

It's Poe. Or some random resistance fighter...

I was going to say that it didn't look like Hans jacket BEFORE the brightened pic.

It's not Poe, Poe is leading Black Squadron during this point in the film. It's not Fin, Fib's jacket doesn't have the code cylinders. And it's not some random dude. :)

Indeed, a lot of us here think that it DOES agree with our common sense for many different reasons. This doesn't make it certain; we just think it's plausible and very likely to be true.

I'll be the first to breathe a huge sigh of relief IF this particular rumor turns out to be false.

Now that I can agree with... those that spout it all as FACT are what bother me the most... using the terms like "credible sources" doesn't make it true... now, plausable... that's a much better word and something I can understand.

It's not Fin, Fib's jacket doesn't have the code cylinders.

I don't see any code cylinders. I see what could be that black patch/greeblie just below the red stripe though, just like on Finn's jacket. The shoulder/arm seam looks raised as well, just like Finn's jacket.

We'll see in December.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back