Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

The lightsaber seems to have proven itself as a viable weapon in the OT, and it's possible that it has started making a comeback in terms of combat, so stormtrooper training for lightsaber combat would seem to fit in in that sense... if that ends up being the case. I'd at least like it somewhat explained as to why they are training with lightsabers if it turns out to be true.

I loved his art, but I'm glad they left it behind. The sta wars galaxy evolved past it as soon as the model builders got in there.

I hate the new romance we have with the mcquarrrie version .

Having the storm troopers trained in the lightsaber undermines the central premised of the last 6 movies: the sith tried to make the jedi extinct

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

i was just curious if you saw the site it came from, just called my friend its from theforceawakensblog.com

here it is exactly

http://www.theforceawakensblog.com/huge-spoiler-synopsis-of-the-next-the-force-awakens-trailer/

Wow, that sounds remarkably legit. That would be a perfect full trailer that still mostly focuses on the first 1/3 of the film, just like the two teasers and all the current merchandise. Interesting!

- - - Updated - - -

I loved his art, but I'm glad they left it behind. The sta wars galaxy evolved past it as soon as the model builders got in there.

Having the storm troopers trained in the lightsaber undermines the central premised of the last 6 movies: the sith tried to make the jedi extinct

No it doesn't. If the Kights of Ren have learned to construct crude lightsabers, like Kylo's , then I think it likely if some ST are trained with them, they will be of these crude, basic designs. And again, their proficiency will likely be that of a person trained to use a sword, nothing more.

I lived his art, but I'm glad they left it behind. The sta wars galaxy evolved past it as soon as the model builders got in there.

exactly how i feel, it takes away from the whole jedi sith feel. i am also under the impression a jedi has to use the force to align the crystals, the crystals have to be so precise machinery cant even achieve it and can only be accomplished with using the force, hence only force users can wield sabers. again this doesnt stop someone from picking up a jedis weapon and waving it around, but assembly of the saber must be by the use of the force, and if for some reason the saber's crystals get knocked out of alignment the average person cant get that saber back online and in need of a force user

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that sounds remarkably legit. That would be a perfect full trailer that still mostly focuses on the first 1/3 of the film, just like the two teasers and all the current merchandise. Interesting!

- - - Updated - - -

yeah im not big into the spoiler stuff and i dont really know allot of what theory's are going around but ive become a pretty big knights of ren fan. so once my buddy saw this he linked me. im really curious if we get another trailer if this is true

exactly how i feel, it takes away from the whole jedi sith feel. i am also under the impression a jedi has to use the force to align the crystals, the crystals have to be so precise machinery cant even achieve it and can only be accomplished with using the force, hence only force users can wield sabers. again this doesnt stop someone from picking up a jedis weapon and waving it around, but assembly of the saber must be by the use of the force, and if for some reason the saber's crystals get knocked out of alignment the average person cant get that saber back online and in need of a force user

- - - Updated - - -

yeah im not big into the spoiler stuff and i dont really know allot of what theory's are going around but ive become a pretty big knights of ren fan. so once my buddy saw this he linked me. im really curious if we get another trailer if this is true

If the Knights of Ren have learned how to construct crude lightsabers like Kylo's, why would it be unreasonable for them to make some for some elite version of Stormtroopers? Get outside the box a little here and think it through. They aren't Jedi or Sith. Kylo has Force powers but these troops may or may not. If there are no Jedi running around scooping up Force sensitive kids to be trained as Jedi, perhaps the Knights of Ren seek them out, or the First Order does, or both. The Force didn't go away post ROTJ.

If the Knights of Ren have learned how to construct crude lightsabers like Kylo's, why would it be unreasonable for them to make some for some elite version of Stormtroopers? Get outside the box a little here and think it through. They aren't Jedi or Sith. Kylo has Force powers but these troops may or may not. If there are no Jedi running around scooping up Force sensitive kids to be trained as Jedi, perhaps the Knights of Ren seek them out, or the First Order does, or both. The Force didn't go away post ROTJ.

please dont take me as being rude and disrespectful, but i cant see it happening. thats just me, i could be completely wrong, when i heard they brought maul back i thought the same thing.... stupid, and after watching the series i love what they did.

lightsaber wielding storm troopers...

I agree. That's just stupidly awful if true. Just because someone saw some cool Mcquarrie art is no reason to stick that in the movie. We all know you can't do much with a lightsaber unless you're also using the Force. It also diminishes the appearance of a lightsaber coming into the scene. Hey they hand them out like glowsticks now!

Also if there are no other Jedi than Luke, this movie has already failed in comparison to the original EU IMO. It just takes what we were told in the OT and trashes it. Lucas clearly intended Luke to rebuild the Jedi Order. And no, because someone will say it, that doesn't mean making the Jedi Order exactly how it was before Order 66. The title of Episode VI was "Return of the Jedi" and not "The Last of the Jedi".

This is the stuff that bothers me. I'm certainly not against expanding the galaxy, but the ending of jedi really was a, "and they all lived happily ever after" ending.

I'd love to see more stories from a galaxy far, far away but it's going to have to really take the high road if we're gonna have more of those people having adventures after rotj

Rule #1 for anyone writing more star wars should be "don't undermine the importance of the six films."

Last edited:
This is the stuff that bothers me. I'm certainly not against expanding the galaxy, but the ending of jedi really was a, "and they all lived happily ever after" ending.

I'd love to see more stories from a galaxy far, far away but it's going to have to really take the high road if we're gonna have more of those people having adventures after rotj

Rule #1 for anyone writing more star wars should be "don't undermine the importance of the six films."

I agree.
I think it's because it's safe. It's safe because it's a form of fan service, minimizes risk, hey we got Han and Chewie, you have to love them.
Having it set say hundreds or even one thousand years later would have been the bold choice.

I agree.
I think it's because it's safe. It's safe because it's a form of fan service, minimizes risk, hey we got Han and Chewie, you have to love them.
Having it set say hundreds or even one thousand years later would have been the bold choice.
Man, I'd love to see this franchise turn into a "tales from a galaxy far, far away" franchise.

Stories of different people, in different times. I don't want to constantly tie every minor character into this tiny continuity. Suddenly it feels like battlestar Galactica where everyone has some fated role in the larger picture.

Boba fett was a minor character. So was admiral ackbar. Even han was a character who played a role in the downfall of the empire....but only by happenstance.

I'd love a film that takes place a thousand years earlier. And I'd love a TV series about a group of stormtroopers, abandoned by the empire who end up being mercenaries on some backwater planet. I want some movies that don't feature Jedi at all

I'd love a film that takes place a thousand years earlier. And I'd love a TV series about a group of stormtroopers, abandoned by the empire who end up being mercenaries on some backwater planet. I want some movies that don't feature Jedi at all
That's what the anthology films will be, beginning next year with Rogue One

I fixed your quote for you.

No thanks needed. I was happy to do it.
I hate when people do this. Some people actually mean what they say and like the PT. "Fixing" people's quotes is asinine.

That's what the anthology films will be, beginning next year with Rogue One

I hate when people do this. Some people actually mean what they say and like the PT. "Fixing" people's quotes is asinine.
Kind of.

But so far we're talking about a story about the death star plans, young Han solo and a Boba fett film.

That doesn't exactly sound like expanding the galaxy to me

I certainly don't want to see stormtroopers with lightsabers, but you've got to think that if there were 10,000 Jedi before order 66 then there must be 10,000 lightsabers laying around somewhere.

I certainly don't want to see stormtroopers with lightsabers, but you've got to think that if there were 10,000 Jedi before order 66 then there must be 10,000 lightsabers laying around somewhere.
I sure that the empire destroyed them in the purge.

I sure that the empire destroyed them in the purge.

Not necessarily, you have to figure that even assuming the Empire actually managed to kill all 10,000 Jedi and none of them went to ground like Obi-Wan and Yoda not all of those lightsabers would have simply fallen to the ground for the Clones, Inquisitors, and TKs to pick up. The majority of them, yes, but some might have been lost in water, mud, sand, debris, etc. because the Jedi was killed somewhere where there wasn't clear ground for the saber to fall on and be clearly visible. So it would make sense for there to still be a few lightsabers out there, not many but a few, and it wouldn't be unbelievable for a few of them to be in the hands of (rich) collectors.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back