Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release)

Remember this film is already what, the 3rd biggest movie of all time, and its been out a month and a day.

Dropping down the 2nd is no bad thing, Mama Mia because one of the biggest films in the UK by staying at number 2 every week, it was the film you went to see if you couldn't get into the one you did want to see.

so you think Rey cut Kylo's crystal in half inside his saber and he will have to try to find a new one (hopefully a intact one as his was supposed to be cracked I believe) or he will just be able to rebuild his old janky light saber ?

im kinda hoping gets a new crystal so he can build a "proper" saber myself.

Last edited:
I hope he will rebuild it just like it was, although I'm not sure that's what going to happen. By completing his training with Snoke and all, I'd say there is a chance he'll have to build a new one like Luke built his for ROTJ. I do wish he'll stick with his helmet too and not adopt a whole new look altogether, we don't need new things every movie like iron man armours ! It would certainly be easier on the wallet for the collectors that we are :D

so you think Rey cut Kylo's crystal in half inside his saber and he will have to try to find a new one (hopefully a intact one as his was supposed to be cracked I believe) or he will just be able to rebuild his old janky light saber ?

im kinda hoping gets a new crystal so he can build a "proper" saber myself.

I just got back from seeing it again and you can see what I think is the saber lying in the snow next to him. It's not clear if she actually cut it in half.

I just got back from seeing it again and you can see what I think is the saber lying in the snow next to him. It's not clear if she actually cut it in half.

yeah in all my views I never could tell if she did or not but in the fight it seemed she either took a hand or cut the saber the way it turned off as he was still holding it . and as he still had his hand and with others saying it was cut in half just figured they had read or heard something I missed . it also looked like she took a leg at one point but he still had it when it showed him laying there .plus the saber to the face gives him just a deep scorch? I don't know they took a lot of liberties it seemed with his wounds I guess the force guided her to the perfect balance to wound him just to the point of stopping him I guess .
plus if he wants follow in his grandfathers footsteps he has to blow through light sabers. ( I know he worships Vader not Anakin )

- - - Updated - - -

I hope he will rebuild it just like it was, although I'm not sure that's what going to happen. By completing his training with Snoke and all, I'd say there is a chance he'll have to build a new one like Luke built his for ROTJ. I do wish he'll stick with his helmet too and not adopt a whole new look altogether, we don't need new things every movie like iron man armours ! It would certainly be easier on the wallet for the collectors that we are :D

I know I am so worried that he left his helmet on starkiller base lol.

yeah in all my views I never could tell if she did or not but in the fight it seemed she either took a hand or cut the saber the way it turned off as he was still holding it . and as he still had his hand and with others saying it was cut in half just figured they had read or heard something I missed . it also looked like she took a leg at one point but he still had it when it showed him laying there .plus the saber to the face gives him just a deep scorch? I don't know they took a lot of liberties it seemed with his wounds I guess the force guided her to the perfect balance to wound him just to the point of stopping him I guess .
plus if he wants follow in his grandfathers footsteps he has to blow through light sabers. ( I know he worships Vader not Anakin )

- - - Updated - - -

I know I am so worried that he left his helmet on starkiller base lol.

He definitely walks away from it on the bridge. It will be interesting to see if he has a new helmet and saber of Ep. VIII.

He definitely walks away from it on the bridge. It will be interesting to see if he has a new helmet and saber of Ep. VIII.

I know in my head im like ok so as soon as the camera is off him on the bridge he remembers his helmet and even though he is wounded he goes back and gets it then he sets it behind a tree so we don't see it before he confronts Finn and Rey then later as Hux is picking him up just in time to escape the base/planet exploding he wakes up just enough to order a trooper to grab his helmet and then passes out . . yeah that's it that's what happened LOL

- - - Updated - - -

or is Kylo gonna end up having more helmets than magneto ? lol

Seems to me the helmet was still in the base and he left it to run outside after Rey/Fin/Chewie.

The saber should be the same i'd think. It might have been damaged, but not irreparably. Just fix it. Luke, in ESB flat out lost his - which wasn't even his - and then had to actually build one for the first time.

Seems to me the helmet was still in the base and he left it to run outside after Rey/Fin/Chewie.

The saber should be the same i'd think. It might have been damaged, but not irreparably. Just fix it. Luke, in ESB flat out lost his - which wasn't even his - and then had to actually build one for the first time.

oh I am sure he left it as well but im also just as sure he will have it back miraculously in the next movie kind of like Finns disappearing blaster as he gets the saber its just movie logic or magic or whatever . plus supposedly the crystal was already damaged in his saber which was supposed to be the reason it needed the cross guard looking things to vent or whatnot so it might not be able to take a lot more damage .

you would think there would be a few light sabers out there on the black market with all the dead Jedi's and lost sabers from Anakin alone lol

oh I am sure he left it as well but im also just as sure he will have it back miraculously in the next movie kind of like Finns disappearing blaster as he gets the saber its just movie logic or magic or whatever . plus supposedly the crystal was already damaged in his saber which was supposed to be the reason it needed the cross guard looking things to vent or whatnot so it might not be able to take a lot more damage .

you would think there would be a few light sabers out there on the black market with all the dead Jedi's and lost sabers from Anakin alone lol
I was watching for the missing blaster when Maz was telling him to use the saber. I didn't see it. Definitely not out side his jacket. There was wrinkle/food in his short that ran diagonally, but pretty sure it was not the strap. Either way... I'm still bettingva Vader saber shows up at some point.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I was watching for the missing blaster when Maz was telling him to use the saber. I didn't see it. Definitely not out side his jacket. There was wrinkle/food in his short that ran diagonally, but pretty sure it was not the strap. Either way... I'm still bettingva Vader saber shows up at some point.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

well him straight out saying " I need a weapon " kind of makes it clear he did not have it anymore for some strange reason . LOL Vaders saber fell down the endless death star hole the same one palatine got chucked into in later so I doubt it will make a reappearance what with the destruction of the death star and all but you would think with all the Jedi across the galaxy getting massacred during order 66 there are a ton of sabers somewhere along with all the sabers from the Jedi temple massacre as well as all the sabers Grievous left lying around as he lost them one at a time in the fight with Obi Wan . even if the troopers collected them a few could have gotten overlooked. also that would mean somewhere there is a stockpile of sabers if they did collect them all . that is the room I want to find LOL:lol and where Boba Fett parked his ship as well .

well him straight out saying " I need a weapon " kind of makes it clear he did not have it anymore for some strange reason . LOL Vaders saber fell down the endless death star hole the same one palatine got chucked into in later so I doubt it will make a reappearance what with the destruction of the death star and all but you would think with all the Jedi across the galaxy getting massacred during order 66 there are a ton of sabers somewhere along with all the sabers from the Jedi temple massacre as well as all the sabers Grievous left lying around as he lost them one at a time in the fight with Obi Wan . even if the troopers collected them a few could have gotten overlooked. also that would mean somewhere there is a stockpile of sabers if they did collect them all . that is the room I want to find LOL[emoji38] and where Boba Fett parked his ship as well .
Oops, my bad. Wrong reply :) saw it mentioned that someone thought they saw the blaster strapped to fin during thst sequence.

Btw, Vaders saber (allegedly) survived according to the book Aftermath. Though I don't really expect to see it in VIII. Whether Snoke has the knowledge to construct one proper or not , who knows. Agree there has to be a good number of ex-jedi sabers about the black market .

I find Luke's ESB saber surviving to be a stretch but I just don't see a plausible scenario where Vader's saber could still be around. It fell down an seemingly endless shaft in a giant space station that blew up about 5 minutes later.

I don't really find Luke's saber surviving a stretch it was probably just laying at the bottom of some air shaft waiting tobe found during the next maintenance check or even Maz with her connections getting her hands on it .

When I was in high school my best friend who never got taller than 5'6" when he was an adult, insisted as a 13 year old he could knock out any woman in the world, even champion boxers or wrestlers, even people with Olympic medals, simply because he strongly believed that women were not as strong as men, end of.

20 years later he ended up getting a sex change.

He is a she now, and has never been happier.
Yeah, but can she knock herself out now? :D

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back