Star Wars The Acolyte (tv series)

What do you think wasn't resolved?

I don't think it was as bad as prior GL retcons. However fan cuts like the Paterson one make this series connect better, than what Deborah Chow portrayed.
Like everything. Bail Organa's association with Kenobi and rebels is now known. (It was already janky when The Force Unleashed did this.) Vader and Kenobi have now met twice, between films. When its very strongly suggested between Episode III and Episode IV, that those are the only times they've faced each other. Also, Tarkin assumes that Kenobi has long been dead, even though the Empire and Vader just ran into him only 9 years ago. It was a lot more believable when Kenobi just disappeared for 19 years. (Not to mention that it sucks all kinds of emotional weight out of III and IV, to now have them fight, twice.) And then Leia and Kenobi know each other? Like what?

Yes, George is very guilty of retcons. And yeah we tend to let them slide, because it's him. Particularly with the films. But that doesn't mean everyone else can or should do it. (Also I'm totally going to call out George's dumb retcons in TCW.)

Could this be the mysterious Darth Plagueis of old…?

View attachment 1802325
Sad for GL supporting the dopes in charge at the Mouse.

His reaction should be:
200.gif

Well, to jump in here, the biggest point of continuity that was not resolved properly was Vader's quote in ANH: "When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master." Vader was a learner maybe in ROTS, but not Obi-Wan. And Obi-Wan left him in tatters, not the other way around.

On top of that, Obi-Wan introduced several new continuity errors/retcons/concerns.
  • In ANH, Leia seemed far less familiar with "General Kenobi" than the new show makes her out to be.
  • Luke is not supposed to know what a lightsaber is. Don't tell me he didn't see Reva's saber at least once when she was trying to kill him.
  • I guess you can be killed if stabbed with a lightsaber in the gut only if you are Qui-Gon Jinn.
  • There's no way Reva should know Anakin is Vader.
  • There's no way Reva can escape with the knowledge that Vader has children.
  • Obi-Wan's location should not be known to a random Jedi fugitive. Even Vader didn't know. Only Bail Organa did.
  • Vader can stop a ship in flight, but not if it's the Millennium Falcon.
  • Just for fun: Eopies are meat eaters? That makes no biological sense at all.
I'm sure there's more. Can you jump through hoops to try to explain these things? Sure, that's what some of us do. But we shouldn't have to.
Wait but Vader didn't leave Obi, it was the other way around, that continuity error was made by GL then.
  • Fair, but then again do you remember "clearly" all your interactions with folks when you were 9?
  • Agreed on luke and the saber.
  • thats lame i know
  • ok
  • why not? if she dies off screen or just never tells.
  • Agreed
  • A younger vader maybe?
  • not sure what to say.

Like everything. Bail Organa's association with Kenobi and rebels is now known. (It was already janky when The Force Unleashed did this.) Vader and Kenobi have now met twice, between films. When its very strongly suggested between Episode III and Episode IV, that those are the only times they've faced each other. Also, Tarkin assumes that Kenobi has long been dead, even though the Empire and Vader just ran into him only 9 years ago. It was a lot more believable when Kenobi just disappeared for 19 years. (Not to mention that it sucks all kinds of emotional weight out of III and IV, to now have them fight, twice.) And then Leia and Kenobi know each other? Like what?

Yes, George is very guilty of retcons. And yeah we tend to let them slide, because it's him. Particularly with the films. But that doesn't mean everyone else can or should do it. (Also I'm totally going to call out George's dumb retcons in TCW.)
agreed.

The "leave" line can still make sense. He doesn't have to be talking about their last meeting. He could still be referring to ROTS and the OWK events still having happened.

Not that the OWK was great or anything.

Found some official release pix.

Attachments

• SWA-21.jpg
    SWA-21.jpg
    1,014.6 KB · Views: 33
  • SWA-20.jpg
    SWA-20.jpg
    966.4 KB · Views: 28
  • SWA-19.jpg
    SWA-19.jpg
    890.8 KB · Views: 33
  • SWA-18.jpg
    SWA-18.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • SWA-17.jpg
    SWA-17.jpg
    800.7 KB · Views: 29
  • SWA-16.jpg
    SWA-16.jpg
    971.9 KB · Views: 28
  • SWA-15.jpg
    SWA-15.jpg
    734.7 KB · Views: 28
  • SWA-14.jpg
    SWA-14.jpg
    830.2 KB · Views: 35
  • SWA-13.jpg
    SWA-13.jpg
    924.1 KB · Views: 38
  • SWA-12.jpg
    SWA-12.jpg
    921.6 KB · Views: 36
  • SWA-11.jpg
    SWA-11.jpg
    892.5 KB · Views: 31
  • SWA-10.jpg
    SWA-10.jpg
    950.4 KB · Views: 31
You have to know that's not how your comment reads. If you really just found those types of comments "hilarious," you wouldn't have commented in the way that you did, lumping all the critical commentors into one big "done with SW/Disney ruined it" basket. Your comment was dismissive of everyone's criticism.
I dont say this in regard to anyone specific and i have no idea who has said what to be honest, but.....

I'm with him. A lot of those you want to lump into valid criticism repeat it ad nauseum to the point where most peple just skip it. Frequently it also comes across as just trying to pile on and show your hate badge. But you are right there is valid stuff in the mix, but unless you have a scorecard to keep track of who says what, it runs the risk of getting lumped in with rhe other. It is especially true when it typically degenerates into an arguement as soon as someone takes issue with.

I don't know anything about this series except that it's going to be set 100 years before TPM but I'm afraid that it's going to be more about the message than trying to tell a good story. The one thing that really stood out to me in this trailer was the sheer number of female characters. Not that I have anything with female characters but it really stood out to me and I normally don't pick up on messaging. But, I'll give it a watch and see if it's any good. Worse comes to worse I don't like it after 1 or 2 episodes and I don't watch any more.

I don't know anything about this series except that it's going to be set 100 years before TPM but I'm afraid that it's going to be more about the message than trying to tell a good story. The one thing that really stood out to me in this trailer was the sheer number of female characters. Not that I have anything with female characters but it really stood out to me and I normally don't pick up on messaging. But, I'll give it a watch and see if it's any good. Worse comes to worse I don't like it after 1 or 2 episodes and I don't watch any more.
Kathleen Kennedy really pushing for that woman power thing.
I mean, if a female is written well, sure, thats fine...Leia was. Padme was not bad.
Then theres Ripley from the Aliens movies...and more. But, just adding woman to do so, without a well written character of any kind is also not the greatest way to go about it. Its so very Disney like though....

Like the High Republic stuff, pre-prequel stories aren't something I'm interested in, so I think I'm passing on this one.
So why am I in this thread? Good question! Peace out! :lol:

Wait but Vader didn't leave Obi, it was the other way around, that continuity error was made by GL then.
  • Fair, but then again do you remember "clearly" all your interactions with folks when you were 9?
  • Agreed on luke and the saber.
  • thats lame i know
  • ok
  • why not? if she dies off screen or just never tells.
  • Agreed
  • A younger vader maybe?
  • not sure what to say.
I don't think it's unfair to argue that he did indeed first leave Obi-wan the moment he stopped being Anakin when he pledged himself to the Sith and Darth Sidius and embraced the dark side. The moment he became Darth Vader, was the moment he left the light, and Obi-wan.

I don't think it's unfair to argue that he did indeed first leave Obi-wan the moment he stopped being Anakin when he pledged himself to the Sith and Darth Sidius and embraced the dark side. The moment he became Darth Vader, was the moment he left the light, and Obi-wan.
if thats the case, then there is no problem with what happened during kenobi or in Mustafar since he was reffering to that moment when he left

You guys are all missing it. Forget about what moment Vader is referring to in ANH. That doesn't matter. What matters is that he made the statement to begin with. He wouldn't say something like that unless it was the first time they've encountered each other since their falling out/fight.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back