Star Wars The Acolyte (tv series)

My friend who is a much more casual Star Wars fan is VERY excited for this to release; however, his first question was if we would finally see some Old Republic characters because he had played the games as a kid.

I remember general audience members being confused about Rogue One’s placement in the time line, so I wonder how many will be confused about this.

But even some running around with a lightsaber should raise eyebrows. I mean how did Qui-Gon deduce Maul was Sith?
“He was trained in the Jedi arts. My only conclusion can be that it was a Sith Lord.”

Mace should have said. 'Sit down Qui-Gon, we run lightsaber wielding wackos all the time.'
So that means that they either don't survive or they cover up whatever happened. it was 100 years prior... A lot could have happened. This also potentially means that yoda will not be involved whatsoever.

Meh…”I sense the darkness…”

I’m not seeing anything new here.

Well, other than a Star Wars fight in a barn and a character who brings steak knives to a lightsaber wielding galaxy.

So, I guess…there’s that.

View attachment 1801661

Yeah…and the costumes do appear to have that “Disney Cheapness (tm)” to them:

Even the exciting new guy, wielding the Yellow lasersword, looks a bit “off” to me…

View attachment 1801664
Excellent, they are making more Disney Star Wars...

triumph the insult comic dog conan25 GIF by Team Coco

So that means that they either don't survive or they cover up whatever happened. it was 100 years prior... A lot could have happened. This also potentially means that yoda will not be involved whatsoever.

This assumes two long shots. #1, that Disney's writers/producers are competent enough to notice the problems, and #2, that they will respect the SW canon enough to care.

This assumes two long shots. #1, that Disney's writers/producers are competent enough to notice the problems, and #2, that they will respect the SW canon enough to care.
Direct quote from the writer/showrunner:
“I really wanted to tell a story about the Sith. That was kind of my dream Star Wars idea. But it felt like the time period to do that in would be something pre-Phantom Menace. That seemed to be the most interesting trajectory for the Sith: How did the Sith go from the Rule of Two and being quote-unquote ‘extinct’ to Palpatine coming into power without the Jedi knowing about it?”

Leslye Headland is an unabashed Prequel Trilogy Fan, who in other interviews has commented how happy she was to be able to bring into Live Action some species that have never been seen visually before, only described in novels. Some internet sleuths have found Star Wars Fan Fiction she wrote about the prequels on places like FanFiction.Net back when she was a teenager. I think she is very aware of the status of the Sith and how they are viewed by the Jedi in Phantom Menace and will provide an explanation as to how the events of the series fit into that view. From that quote above, explaining how the Sith went from being thought of as Extinct to being able to install a Sith Lord in the Senate and as Supreme Chancellor undetected is sort of at the crux of this show.

Leslye Headland is an unabashed Prequel Trilogy Fan, who in other interviews has commented how happy she was to be able to bring into Live Action some species that have never been seen visually before, only described in novels. Some internet sleuths have found Star Wars Fan Fiction she wrote about the prequels on places like FanFiction.Net back when she was a teenager. I think she is very aware of the status of the Sith and how they are viewed by the Jedi in Phantom Menace and will provide an explanation as to how the events of the series fit into that view. From that quote above, explaining how the Sith went from being thought of as Extinct to being able to install a Sith Lord in the Senate and as Supreme Chancellor undetected is sort of at the crux of this show.
thanks for this.

I could get onboard with a Sith Lord anthology series. Every season is a new tale of the two, no happy endings.

I can’t control how anyone reads into what they think my comments say or what they think I I’m feeling. Get in where you fit in, I guess.
But you can (and did) control what you wrote. Not to belabor the point, but your comment didn't leave anything to interpretation. It read exactly as you wrote it - you were dismissing critical comments as being unserious due to a percieved bias. You then claimed you're not bothered by negative commentors (contrary to your prior comment), further dismissing them by calling them "hilarious."
You can certainly post whatever you want. I just wanted you to be aware that what you wrote, and especially the way you wrote it, was akin to the very negative comments you claim to be against, which I find hypocritical.

But you can (and did) control what you wrote. Not to belabor the point, but your comment didn't leave anything to interpretation. It read exactly as you wrote it - you were dismissing critical comments as being unserious due to a percieved bias. You then claimed you're not bothered by negative commentors (contrary to your prior comment), further dismissing them by calling them "hilarious."
You can certainly post whatever you want. I just wanted you to be aware that what you wrote, and especially the way you wrote it, was akin to the very negative comments you claim to be against, which I find hypocritical.
I read what you wrote, I value you and I value your opinion, and I appreciate your unsolicited feedback.

You are free to express your opinion and it is only an opinion. You are free to feel however you want about what I wrote, I can’t control how you feel or what feelings or intentions you choose to put on my words. I do not have concern for what I cannot control, your mileage may vary.

1711113846917.png

I'm definitely curious on if we will see Plagueis or not. So Palpatine was like 50 in TPM? Definetly not seeing Palpi but Plagueis is a possibility. I don't think he's The Acolyte but who knows.

What do you think wasn't resolved?

Well, to jump in here, the biggest point of continuity that was not resolved properly was Vader's quote in ANH: "When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master." Vader was a learner maybe in ROTS, but not Obi-Wan. And Obi-Wan left him in tatters, not the other way around.

On top of that, Obi-Wan introduced several new continuity errors/retcons/concerns.
  • In ANH, Leia seemed far less familiar with "General Kenobi" than the new show makes her out to be.
  • Luke is not supposed to know what a lightsaber is. Don't tell me he didn't see Reva's saber at least once when she was trying to kill him.
  • I guess you can be killed if stabbed with a lightsaber in the gut only if you are Qui-Gon Jinn.
  • There's no way Reva should know Anakin is Vader.
  • There's no way Reva can escape with the knowledge that Vader has children.
  • Obi-Wan's location should not be known to a random Jedi fugitive. Even Vader didn't know. Only Bail Organa did.
  • Vader can stop a ship in flight, but not if it's the Millennium Falcon.
  • Just for fun: Eopies are meat eaters? That makes no biological sense at all.
I'm sure there's more. Can you jump through hoops to try to explain these things? Sure, that's what some of us do. But we shouldn't have to.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back