STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

As far as the in-universe movies I don't really think there is a distinction actually made between ANH, ESB or ROTJ armor. Sure, those of us that have studied it can spot differences in armor like wings on a cat. But I don't think they really are different classifications between those three armors in the movies themselves.

I would have to agree. I doubt back in 1980 and 1983 any changes in armor were not meant as the audience to even notice. I have been watching these movies for since they first came out and never noticed any differences in armor until members here talked about them. It's just the kind of thing that happens in these movies. I doubt LFL ever envisioned a small percent of the fan viewing audience grouping together and going over reference images and screen stills with a magnifying glass. The same goes for the lightsaber hilts and blasters not only changing from movie to movie but also within the same movie.

Agreed. This is why I chuckle when I hear that the 501st demands that Vader armor be specific to a particular film, even though LFL itself never cared about or was barely even aware of such distinctions.

(Not that I don't admire projects that strive to replicate a particular movie, or even a particular scene, in a prop, model or costume.)

Maybe that rusty red color was on sale and they used that instead of green gauntlets? I don't care. Jango supposedly had multiple sets of armor so it would reason that Boba had them too. I still like the ROTJ blaster the best though.

Don't get me wrong. I totally understand and appreciate when fans speculate in order to explain an production inconsistency in order to make it seem plausible to the story. I do that quite often. My objection is when fans take their speculation too seriously and insist that anything LFL (and now Disney) does in a story that conflicts with them is some sort of Capitalist (or whatever other bashing angry fans use) plot.

So while I can appreciate that fans have made up little stories or concept to explain things like armor changes, I do not expect LFL/Disney to try to conform to them when in all truth, it is just a difference in fabrication over the years between films.

Last edited:
Ha! No doubts there. I like Arnold just fine in his own franchise...! :lol

I'm actually excited for the new Terminator movie... I'll be curious to their explanation of his aged look for this one (apparently they made it a plot point) and the need to go back further to a younger Sarah Conner... could be fun... we shall see.... as for Rebels I'm just excited for a weekly SW show to look forward to again!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back