STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

I'm a little hesitant. The animation doesn't look to well, but the story seems pretty cool. On the other hand the characters..............:confused

I'm sure that the animation will be fine, it's just that the character designs are bit stylized but no more so than the character designs from The Clone Wars were and I'd actually say it's a bit less stylized. My advice would be to simply overlook the character designs and focus on the story and before long you'll get used to them and it won't bother you anymore, that was the case for me with The Clone Wars, I was bit hesitant about the character designs and the overall design aesthetic but the more I watched it the more I got sucked into the stories and the less the character designs and the overall design aesthetics bothered me until they didn't bother me at all.

That trooper doesn't look that bad. I like this style much better than Clone Wars. Sadly with a franchise as huge as this you're not going to be able to make everyone happy and just have to hope that story will win over those not fond of the art style.

I just watched the first episode of TCW on Netflix. Does it start a little slow? Was there a certain point where you really got into it? I guess I just didn't feel it with the first episode.

But I'd really like to watch TCW before Rebels comes out.

I just watched the first episode of TCW on Netflix. Does it start a little slow? Was there a certain point where you really got into it? I guess I just didn't feel it with the first episode.

Clone Wars show discussion is here: http://www.therpf.com/f47/clone-wars-weekly-discussion-thread-74463/

Regarding your concerns, you should watch the The Clone Wars Animated movie first… it is also on Netflix.

Also, the order of the shows are not in chronological order… If you are interested in watching them that way, read this post: http://www.therpf.com/f47/clone-wars-weekly-discussion-thread-74463/index45.html#post3235351

The first season is ok, but seasons 2,3,4, 5, and 6 are better

I just started watching TCW as well. The animation style...takes some gettnig used to, but it's a lot easier to watch than the Tartakovsky stuff. (I hate the look of his characters.)

I'm about 30 min into the film (which I gather is basically the first 3-4 episodes of the show squished together into a film), and I can see where teh show has potential even though it also has some stuff that's kinda...goofy about it. Like the "Skyguy" thing. That's a bit annoying. Still, I get the sense that the war is actually pretty costly, even at this stage, so I'm hoping they use that more.

And it also leaves me wondering "Why the HELL did we not show this stuff in the FILMS?!" But I guess I'll keep watching to get the feel of the rest of it.

Never understand why people would want an animated show to be photo realistic.

The reconstructed Doctor Who episodes are pretty true-to-life and are great, although it's a different monster as they have to match the existing episodes, and they're also a lot slower and less dynamic than SW.

And it also leaves me wondering "Why the HELL did we not show this stuff in the FILMS?!" But I guess I'll keep watching to get the feel of the rest of it.

Technically speaking, it is one of the films. It was in theaters and everything. But I understand what you're saying.

The entire series breathes an incredible amount of life into the PT, especially for ROTS. It only gets better, Dan. Sure there are some duds, but at 22min a pop it's still fun watching SW.

nice to see those shows will see the light of day eventually. a lot of work went into them. at one point many long clips of the show were posted on Facebook by the official Detours Facebook page to gage interest and I found it to be quite funny and was looking forward to it.

you can find many of the clips on youtube still

Star Wars Detours - Extrait #1 - YouTube
STAR WARS DETOURS? Admiral Ackbar - YouTube
Star Wars Detours - Extrait #2 - YouTube
http://youtu.be/j5r28SwZk7Y #3
http://youtu.be/T3W0keDmjfE #4
http://youtu.be/uq0DoOZ2fW8 #5
http://youtu.be/ZfZE8abxCvA #6

nice to see those shows will see the light of day eventually. a lot of work went into them. at one point many long clips of the show were posted on Facebook by the official Detours Facebook page to gage interest and I found it to be quite funny and was looking forward to it.

I was just thinking this morning: are the stormtroopers in this show going to be clones? The stormtroopers we hear in the OT have different voices from one another, so I'm guessing not.

I imagined Palpatine gathering up all the clones, after they'd trained the new troopers, promising them a quiet retirement or something, and killing them all at once. He's an evil bas**rd that way.

Last edited:
I am thinking they will not be clones. Remember clines have an accelerated life span, so 15 years or so after Ep. 3 they would be very old or dead.

I just hope the issue is addressed because I would like to know.

I read a log time ago that the initial idea was that stormtroopers were clones. That is why they all had the same voice. However the Special Edition, "Open the blast doors!" squashed that.

I think you could go a lot of ways with it...

• as Bryancd mentioned, short lifespan
  • replaced through Attrition with humans (non-clones) and/or new clones based from different donor(s).
  • replaced them with robots.... because in 1977, that's what I thought they were. :D

I am thinking they will not be clones. Remember clines have an accelerated life span, so 15 years or so after Ep. 3 they would be very old or dead.

Hmm...I always figured when they said that it just meant accelerated to adulthood and then resumed normally. It was never actually clearly stated one way or the other on that point.

The OT trooper voices were not all the same. They recorded like three different radio announcers for the lines.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back