Star Wars Live Action Series has 50 hours Filmed

Well, it could be worse. The way things have went, we could have had to suffer through Jar Jar's story.

That would have been scary!

Really? I thought that the current Clone Wars series was nothing but Anakin and Obi-Wan fighting the bad guys and surviving at the end of every episode. The real state of Star Wars seems to be that nothing of importance will ever happen since the series lives off of material that's already had it's story told.

If this live action series is going to take place before the original trilogy, it will just be the same. Even worse, it will continuously try to cement the two trilogies together like the movies themselves couldn't do it on their own.

Lucas didn't rape my child hood. He just took something I loved from it and made it uninteresting.
LOL :thumbsup well said

I like to think of it as defending with the same fervor of any religious person. Since i have none.

It makes just about as much sense.

LOL, yes worshiping GL as though everything he does is gold is as logical as most religious beliefs! matter of fact its as logical as hating GL because you disagree with his film/production/editing/casting etc...choices!

As cool as it could be, i think you have to worry about oversaturation at some point.

new trilogy starting in 2015, with a more flicks slated every 2-3 years after that....

Plus the clone wars which i've not heard about ending anytime soon. However, if it's simply 'other stories' that take place in gap...it could be what a lot of people are looking for.

New characters, taking place between 3 & 4, with little to no crossover with the movies. (Maybe a broadcasted speech by the Emperor or something to this effect) no Vader, real Stormtroopers, and a concentration on the Underworld, and this could be huge. Expanding the universe away from the Skywalkers and showing more of that galaxy far, far away.

Re: Star Wars TV series

Unfortunately you fail to realize that their largest excuse for cancelling great series is "budget". Their greedy asses don't make a large enough profit when they actually have to put forth a good amount of money and effort so they do what all lazy fat egocentric people do. They put low budget craptacular shows on their channel and increase their profit margins. Hence the WRESTLING on the SCIFI channel.

They are in the business of making money and they do have to answer to board members and stock holder who expect the studio to make them money. Large and increasing budgets are concern, esp. if a show isn't doing well enough to command high prices for ad time which is how networks make a large part of their money. As a show goes on it ends up becoming more and more expensive because over time everybody involved, both in front and behind the cameras, start costing more because of raises and there's also inflation to factor in too.

Of course this doesn't justify SyFy's 5 year plan, at least not the way that they always promise shows a 5th or 6th season saying how good the show is and everything and then cancelling them out of the blue with nor prior warning that they were even on the bubble. That is why I hate SyFy, not so much because they cancel all of their scripted shows at no more than 5 seasons but because of the underhanded way they do it.

Han Solo pre-Star Wars would have a bit of an issue, the guy was actually rather an a-hole prior to learning to care about others.
Not sure you can do a whole lot there as much as I would enjoy some Solo stories, just not too many I guess would be cool.

Han Solo pre-Star Wars would have a bit of an issue, the guy was actually rather an a-hole prior to learning to care about others.
Not sure you can do a whole lot there...

Ever seen the TV Show House M.D.? That show was on for 8 seasons with an a-hole main character who during the course of the show never learned to be nice and did incredible, amazing things to help people. Sounds like a good basis for a show/movie based on a young Han Solo.

Ever seen the TV Show House M.D.? That show was on for 8 seasons with an a-hole main character who during the course of the show never learned to be nice and did incredible, amazing things to help people. Sounds like a good basis for a show/movie based on a young Han Solo.

I think there is a run of stories there, I DO want to see some of those smuggler adventures, but I wouldn't want it to just keep going and going. He can't
grow much because we know where he is in the first film.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back