Star Wars in 3D show off thread

Nice work Kevin. The closer I look at it the more work I see you've put in. Just need to look at Luke's E-11 for example, you have created areas that were never seen but blend seamlesly with the original poster! :wacko

Thanks Man. It was a tricky call. With no disrespect to the original artist who was working with the material he had available, I wanted to make the image more accurate. I was desperate to change Vader's light saber but I knew it wouldn't be passed by Lucasfilm if I did. I did change the colour of the Tie's lasers from red to green and a couplf of other subtle enhancements. :cool

After viewing the new movie, I can't express how cool I think that poster is. The first movie was great and made me want one, that second movie makes me NEED to have one!!!

Honestly Kevin, that is bloody amazing!!!

See that head behind you in your avatar? I'd love one of those done the same way :D mmmmmm a 3D B!tch.....:love

Cheers,

Kraig

Well that's thrown me!
I'm not using any of those. I have the DiVX and the Ensharpen codec, but neither were used in creating these movies. Can you see either movie?

Nope can't see either of them. I tried Safari and Firefox on my G5 intel Mac and neither worked.
Frustrating, because I remember seeing the Nike movie before on my old G4.

I think I might have set the page up incorrectly. I don't think it's the encoding.

Try this direct link to the first movie;
http://www.syndime.com/mov/poster.mov

You can always try clicking the link and saving the file to your computer before viewing it.

Are there any web experts around who can suggest what's going wrong here?

I think I might have set the page up incorrectly. I don't think it's the encoding.

Try this direct link to the first movie;
http://www.syndime.com/mov/poster.mov

You can always try clicking the link and saving the file to your computer before viewing it.

Are there any web experts around who can suggest what's going wrong here?

I'm getting the same error from the direct link.
Saving the file doesn't help either. The movie still shows as plain white opened in Quicktime directly (file size 1.4mb).

Okay. That implies that I've embedded it in the page correctly and it is a codec issue.

Both moview were encoded with the Intel 4.4 codec. I always assumed it was a pretty universal standard. I tried using the H264 codec (Quicktime's latest super-duper codec) but it reduced the contrast range so that there is no black and no white. Doesn't look as good.

I'll see if I can find out a bit more.

Sorry you haven't been able to see it yet Lonepigeon.

Now that is damn cool. I am so getting one of these when they're available.

As for which one you can do next, I say the ESB poster that has Vader and the emperor behind the oncoming star destroyer with all the TIEs flying outward. That has great potential for 3D.

-Fred

Now that is damn cool. I am so getting one of these when they're available.

As for which one you can do next, I say the ESB poster that has Vader and the emperor behind the oncoming star destroyer with all the TIEs flying outward. That has great potential for 3D.

-Fred
Agreed. In fact, anything by Drew Struzan!

Lonepigeon, what version of Quicktime are you using?
The latest is v7.2. If you don't have that one, it's worth installing it.

I keep having the problems with my quicktime even after I installed the update. It keeps saying missing a file that is not avaialble on the website???

Can everyone try this revised animation for me please? I've adjusted the format and it is now half the memory the previous one was. The contrast is reduced, but it still looks acceptable.

http://www.syndime.com/mov/poster2.mov

I now know of four people who can't see the movie. Not great on the first page of my website! Hopefully I can post this in its place.

Has anyone been able to look at the anaglyph version with a pair of 3D glasses?

That one works for me!
VERY COOL!
It must have taken a ton of work to fill in the extra areas.

Lonepigeon, can you see any of the other animations on my website? Does the Nike animation work? Click on my logo from the first page and then on the picture of the Nike shop window to go to the page about the Rugby holograms I did.

To ensure visibility on your site, you might consider using GIFs or Flash instead.

I use both gifs and Flash elsewhere on my site. Both have their problems. The Quicktime movie is a far better quality than I'd get with a Gif and the Flash format is very lossy. I'll experiment though.
Thanks.

Lonepigeon, can you see any of the other animations on my website? Does the Nike animation work? Click on my logo from the first page and then on the picture of the Nike shop window to go to the page about the Rugby holograms I did.

Yes, the Nike "Made to Move" video works for me.
The little flash animations work.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back