Star Wars Celebration 2022

If anyone is attending the collectibles panel and could post photos, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thu, May 26, 2022 • 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM

Hey Dan, it was nice to see you earlier today. I left at 6p so sorry I missed the gathering. I hope everyone had fun today. I had a great time.

Good meeting you too! Hopefully more of us can tag up at some points through the rest of the time here. I never did find anyone else out front this evening - I wandered around until about 1930 looking for what might look like RPF types but never connected…

Dan

Back in July 2019 when I bought my badges I was too late and only Thursday and Sunday were available.

Just this week I picked up Friday on Lyte (the official ticket-swap site) so I'll be there every day but Saturday.

I work across the street at Disneyland and this week I've been seeing and chatting with numerous Australians and Canadians in town for Celebration, easy to spot from their 501st shirts.

It's strange, the Disneyland costume guidelines. If things go as usual, enforcement will be wildly inconsistent.

They say "capes" can only come to the waist. Is a Jedi robe a "cape"? Who can say. I did see somebody in a full-length Jedi robe wielding a lightsabre yesterday.

Anyhow at Celebration I'll be looking like this (the old guy with the grey beard!)

View attachment 1578962
I saw you on the floor and commented how great you looked as Kenobi, to which you replied, “that’s because I’m old” :lol:

Didn‘t realize it was you! You looked great! Nice to have met you, albeit briefly.

Sean

Sadly, I got sick and was only able to attend briefly before heading home. Very unfortunate timing. Hopefully everyone had fun!

Belated I know, but here's the ginormous TIE fighter they had at Celebration, the star of the show for me.

r15Jw4g.jpg

Old Ben using the Force to smite an army of zombie Stormtroopers

RfK91Uv.jpg

And here's myself NOT as Dr Jones Senior

PMDdtWR.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back