Star Wars Celebration 2022

Cameron

Sr Member
Some of us are getting our meet up plans set for SWC 2022. I thought I’d start a thread here to discuss a bigger meet up if anyone is down.
Who’s going?

I’m planning on going but have yet to secure tickets (can’t believe the Lyte site isn’t up yet…) .

I’ll be in Anaheim regardless and would love to meet up with some fellow RPFers!

Sean

Where is the best place to get tickets?
Right now, the only way to buy tickets is to purchase them from someone who is selling theirs.

Lyte will eventually have a way to purchase tickets that have been returned, but I honestly don’t know when that’s going to be. I would have thought it would be up by now given the con is less than 4 months out…
I might be there haha! I got tickets for the 4 days but might cancel if something comes up
Let me know if you consider selling your tickets. ;)

Sean

I have never gone but sure would like to try and go this year, I am a complete novice.

Could someone give me the run down of when and where to look for tickets and what hotel I should try and book?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

I have never gone but sure would like to try and go this year, I am a complete novice.

Could someone give me the run down of when and where to look for tickets and what hotel I should try and book?

Any advice is greatly appreciated
For ticket info, see above ;):p

As for hotels, the ones closest to the convention are best, but they will also be the most expensive.

We found a nice VRBO within walking distance, so check those out!

Sean

So far we have:
Cameron
3DImpact
Hackin Spock (Tentative)
Tatoine Machinist
gundammrw
CDyoung
masterjedi322

Who else?

Last edited:
The bummer is I've continued to let the tickets I purchased in 2019 for two events roll over, Phoenix Fan Fusion and Star Wars Celebration.

What could go wrong? Phoenix is Memorial Day Weekend and Celebration is in August.

Until Celebration unilaterally and without offering me a refund moved to Memorial Day Weekend.

I have to choose and I'm choosing Phoenix, mainly because I only have Thursday and Sunday for Celebration but a full pass for Phoenix.

So anybody want those days let me know.

What makes it ironic is that I work across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center so it would be the easiest event to get to ever- just park the same place I park every day!

I still don't know if I'll be there or not. I'm trying to find work at special effects shops. If I don't, I can't wait to meet you guys.

Guys a friend told me celebration is happening in Orlando in 2023? Celebration has always been every 2 years right?

Am I missing something?

I don't see anything off google (as of right now), but, since they are focused on this years event right now, Disney might wait til afterwards to announce it.
Next year IS Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary.

I don't see anything off google (as of right now), but, since they are focused on this years event right now, Disney might wait til afterwards to announce it.
Next year IS Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary.
I can’t find anything either, he is a 501st member and says that’s what he was told. I think he may be confused. It’s far easier for me to attend orlando

Guys a friend told me celebration is happening in Orlando in 2023? Celebration has always been every 2 years right?

Am I missing something?
Best I can tell, there hasn’t really been a consistent duration between the cons. Typically, they try to avoid conflicting with the other big Disney cons.

Last Celebration was 2019 and the next was originally planned for 2020, which then got pushed due to COVID.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they planned another one in 2023, but they will likely announce it on the last day of this year’s con.

Sean

Best I can tell, there hasn’t really been a consistent duration between the cons. Typically, they try to avoid conflicting with the other big Disney cons.

Last Celebration was 2019 and the next was originally planned for 2020, which then got pushed due to COVID.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they planned another one in 2023, but they will likely announce it on the last day of this year’s con.

Sean
Thanks! I wasn’t aware of the 2019 then 2020

So there is a chance for 2023

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back