Star Wars: Battlefront

I always went Imperial in BF2. I loved shooting down snow speeders. With a full game (on a good day) I often downed 12-20+ speeders. If you camp the mouth of the rebel base (dodging blasters) at the right time you could lock-on and shoot down a few at take off. When you're out of rockets run in (dodging blaster fire) and mine speeders. Good times.

I always went Imperial in BF2. I loved shooting down snow speeders. With a full game (on a good day) I often downed 12-20+ speeders. If you camp the mouth of the rebel base (dodging blasters) at the right time you could lock-on and shoot down a few at take off. When you're out of rockets run in (dodging blaster fire) and mine speeders. Good times.
Base campers are the worst...PTFO...:lol

I just hope they have multiple game modes. I only ever player one and I can't remember if it was BF I or II. All the game was was run to this point and capture the flag, then run to another and repeat ad nauseum. I want a free for all, or team death match mode.

That was fun. I figured out if you waited until they started to come around the walker's legs you could fire and it would hit right when the snowspeeder was coming towards you. It would hit almost 100% of the time. I also was hoping the Darktrooper would come back. I loved in the first game jetpacking up to someone and shooting them in the face. They nerfed the gun in BF2 though.

One thing in the article is wrong. Sullust appeared in SW Empire at War.

As far as canon, I don't know why anyone would think a multiplayer game would be canon. Like every cool thing you do is now officially SW. If that was true we'd have Stormtroopers yelling racial slurs that don't fit the person they're aimed at and teabagging people after they shot them in the movies.

I'm also more concerned about older games series not coming back because of the EU do over. I wanted another Dark Forces/Jedi Knight. Less problematic (possibly?) would be a Republic Commando sequel.

Instead of teabagging maybe I should be allowed to use the Force to ragdoll your dead body over another opponents...Forcebagging...

Hopefully they can make good use of those special appearances. Will it be like Titanfall were you are required a good killstreak before giving you the option?

I'm not too worried about iron sights. The previous BF games didn't have them and it could add a new feel to the game. Counter Strike is my main shooter though, so the absence of iron sights doesn't bother me much.

Aim down sights IS iron sights :p

Sounds more and more like Star Wars COD-front :(

When I hear iron sights though that means no red dot or scope. ADS is just actually aiming the gun.

I'm going to wait for a review to get this game now though. It's like every week something worse comes out about it... from the creators. I liked the first two Battlefronts, but to me they never went far enough. I wanted them to copy Battlefield and have all the extra detail like Battlefield. Now you have the Battlefield guys reversing that series to make a Battlefront. It's starting to feel like they just wanted to throw a SW game out the door without too much hassle. That's why it's limited to 40 players, on a rail vehicles, etc.

I can understand the rationale that running around shooting from the hip, while useless IRL, is cinematically more like the films.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back