Star Wars Anthology (Obi-Wan Kenobi)

Re: Star Wars: Kenobi

i never thought of that!! that sure is a big plot hole now isn't it!! :wacko
Never thought of that either. They never show the words on the tombstone do they. Maybe it doesn't have the Skywalker name on it for whatever reason. Or they have told Luke its just another person that was in the family but not that it was his grandmother.

Never thought of that either. They never show the words on the tombstone do they. Maybe it doesn't have the Skywalker name on it for whatever reason. Or they have told Luke its just another person that was in the family but not that it was his grandmother.

good points! all they would have to do is say theres no wording on the stone and they are covered

Also, Owen seemed pretty crazy at keeping Luke from knowing too much. There is the possible idea that he had the tombstone removed to protect Luke, therefore why we never see it in ANH.

Also, Owen seemed pretty crazy at keeping Luke from knowing too much. There is the possible idea that he had the tombstone removed to protect Luke, therefore why we never see it in ANH.

i like that idea better michael, though i could see owen telling baby luke " no no, dont dig over there, dig over here!!!" :lol

i hope its kinda like what the comics have touched on. jabba is out of control with taxes and sending goons to beat up the lars family to pay. i would really like to see obi wan use the force in front of luke and owen, that why when owen mentions to luke in ANH. "he's just a crazy old wizard" it means the scene with kenobi using the force

i wouldnt want to see kenobi wielding the lightsaber the entire episode. i believe like many others the lightsaber was rarely ignited to keep his jedi identity safe.. unfortunately thats not the case in the comics... every chance he gets its ignited... :(

It'd be funny if he winds up using a blaster though the whole thing.....

i hope this will b e good. i like ewan as obi.

but i don't have any faith in disney star wars at the moment to do anything other than call backs.

sluis did you hear about the comic and vader returning to tatoonie and confronting jabba? i too thought like you, vader should NEVER step back onto tatoonie. this always ben and luke to stay safely hidden on the planet

this is my only real gripe with the new canon, vader stepping on tatoonie, and han cheating to win the falcon

No, but that's another reason everything shouldn't be canon. I knew when this was announced it wasn't going to be great like a lot of people on here said. If the old EU had crap, this will have crap, except the crap is now canon. Whether you like what Lucas did with the Prequels or not, I don't think that should give writers or any higher ups at Lucasfilm/Disney the right to contradict stuff that Lucas said was how it is.

I'm not understanding what the tombstones would have to do with anything. Shmi's last name wouldn't have been Skywalker anymore, she'd be Shmi Lars, since she'd married Owen's father.

Luke knows what he was told, that his dad was a navigator on a ship. He knows his name is Skywalker, probably knows that was his dad's name, so why would it be a plot hole that his grandmother's grave is on the LARS HOMESTEAD, whether it said Skywalker or Lars?

Maybe not so much a plot hole, but just that if Luke knew his Grandmother was buried there, he would probably want to know more about her. Owen would have to tell Luke a story like he did about his Father to avoid the truth.

I'm not understanding what the tombstones would have to do with anything. Shmi's last name wouldn't have been Skywalker anymore, she'd be Shmi Lars, since she'd married Owen's father.

Luke knows what he was told, that his dad was a navigator on a ship. He knows his name is Skywalker, probably knows that was his dad's name, so why would it be a plot hole that his grandmother's grave is on the LARS HOMESTEAD, whether it said Skywalker or Lars?

Maybe not so much a plot hole, but just that if Luke knew his Grandmother was buried there, he would probably want to know more about her. Owen would have to tell Luke a story like he did about his Father to avoid the truth.

yeah i shouldn't have used the term "plot hole" but maybe more like something just over looked. all owen had to do was never explain the connection and luke would have never thought differently

yeah i shouldn't have used the term "plot hole" but maybe more like something just over looked. all owen had to do was never explain the connection and luke would have never thought differently

Maybe Darth Vader was not Anakin Skywalker, but rather his murderer, when George made Star Wars.

The Wook

In the comics, I believe Vader does not go back to Tatooine until AFTER he realizes Luke is his son. He even says in the comic that Tatooine was the perfect place to hide him because he hates the place and has never been back over the years.

For those that don't think Ewan looks like Alec in the last Rebels Recon they create a digital model for Kenobi by blending their faces and A LOT of their features line up perfectly. So...

Since Celebration is near, but not actually happening, I've been running under the assumption this was an April Fool's thing.
So far, no claim of that, so I guess it's legit?

I'm a little bummed that all 3 Story films in the first round are throw backs to the OT. Would've like a little variety with a Pre-TPM or Post-ROTJ film in there. Hopefully those will come, but I wish it had happened sooner, to break the expectations a bit.

Still, I'm glad that Ewan will be coming back as Obi Wan.

I am hopeful they go the "Yojimbo" route. Aside from being appropriately Kurosawa-y to echo some of George's inspiration for Star Wars, it's a masterless, dishonored samurai who saves a village beset by bandits. From the Kenobi novel, we know Ben can do things without being overt. Most of the stuff he's doing is mind tricks or using distractions to mask his use of the Force to do things. I refuse to accept Rick McCallum's "mind trick" on George that recast the saga as the story of Anakin. I stick to the original premise: 1-3 are From the Adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi, 4-6 are From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker (not counting my much longer essay on the subject, i.e., supposed to be twelve films, ROTJ the last four squished together into one, Rogue One should be reworked slightly and dropped in as an episode in its own right, as should the Kenobi film). So this would be the perfect "arc ender" for Obi-Wan. This would be the film where we see him learn what he needs to learn to complete his character evolution, which he then acts out when we next see him in A New Hope. Doesn't matter where the action takes place -- so long as it centers around Obi-Wan. But to avoid continuity problems, it should take place on Tatooine, and somewhat near the Lars homestead. And, for what it's worth, I really, really hope there is no Darth Maul.

--Jonah

I'd be up for them live-action filming the Darth Maul vs Obie-Wan scene from Rebels.

Even get Ray Parks to reprise his role as Maul.
As well done as that was, Rebels is really "blowing their load" on iconic Canon moments.

They should have saved that moment for another series

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Maybe Darth Vader was not Anakin Skywalker, but rather his murderer, when George made Star Wars.

The Wook

Despite retconning that Lucas had all of this worked out ahead of time, Darth Vader and Anakin were not the same person until sometime during the making of Empire Strikes Back

In an early drafts of Empire, Luke actually talks to his fathers force ghost when training on Dagobah. And Leia was not Luke's sister. That was done sometime during the production of Return of The Jedi

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-cronin/was-darth-vader-not-origi_b_7788770.html

Skywalker: You’ve grown well, Luke, I’m proud of you. Did your uncle ever speak to you about your sister?
Luke: My sister? I have a sister? But why didn’t Uncle Owen?
S: It was my request. When I saw the Empire closing in, I sent you both away for your own safety, far apart from each other.
L: Where is she? What’s her name?
S: If I were to tell you, Darth Vader could get that information from your mind and use her as a hostage. Not yet, Luke. When it’s time...
Luke. Will you take, from me, the oath of a Jedi knight?

Last edited by a moderator:

As well done as that was, Rebels is really "blowing their load" on iconic Canon moments.

They should have saved that moment for another series

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Wow,...thats a bit descriptive!!

J

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be up for them live-action filming the Darth Maul vs Obie-Wan scene from Rebels.

Even get Ray Parks to reprise his role as Maul.

OH DEAR NO!!

Thats Star Wars down the wrong route

J

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back