Star Trek TOS Communicator from The Wand Company

Hang on, now I gotta shoot a quick video of what I'm talking about..figures, I'd get an assed up one.

Let's see if this is a common thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, my top disk does move a few degrees too. It 'may' be a set screw loose. But I don't know- i've not going to be the first brave one to crack this thing open
Does anyone have a good voice calling app on there phone?

I just used plain ol' S voice. Seems to work pretty good!

Yeah, my top disk does move a few degrees too. It 'may' be a set screw loose. But I don't know- i've not going to be the first brave one to crack this thing open
Does anyone have a good voice calling app on there phone?

On the loose moire disk I give it a finger tightening counterclockwise and that seems to have secured it well enough, It's not something you monkey with anyways.

Does anyone's antenna slightly open when the communicator is held upside down? It seems to open a little bit more the more I flip it open. It seemed tighter when new.

5E7DCFEB-0CBC-4C44-89A4-CEEA93A400CD_zpsdhezpeii.jpg

A few things I've noticed on my communicator, was some streaking on the base plate, my left jewel wiggles a bit and, the previously mentioned Moiré Bezel Ring being loose.

20160626_101815.jpg

The streaking doesn't show up as well in this photo, but it is noticeable in person.

But enough of the nit picking, here's a picture of my beauty :D

IMG_20160626_210052.jpg

Last edited:
A few things I've noticed on my communicator, was some streaking on the base plate

I have something similar on my base but on the top of the letters. I think it actually looks kinda cool. Another thing I noticed is that the plating didn't make it into all the letters, which is no big deal. You have to really look close to notice either of these conditions.

97BE37D9-3628-4373-9C1D-C1A7D7FAA9F5_zpsl8parzyk.jpg

Last edited:
From an email I received this morning...

The moiré bezel is not screwed down it is a snap fit where a CNC machined and hand finished part is snapped over an injection moulded part, there is some tolerance in those parts and as we couldn't use glue (due to the potential for ruining the speaker or stopping the moiré from spinning, we have to rely on the snap fit and some will turn like this. This is perfectly normal.

Likewise with the jewel and I would not recommend using any glue on it as this will invalidate any warranty.

And regarding the base plate...
this is part of the normal variation

Edit:

One final note about my loose jewel, I presume it wasn't fully seated during assembly. A slight push 'Clicked' it back into place and it's just as tight as the other ones.

Also i'm using Google and it's voice search app and it seems to be working just fine. I wonder if an app may be developed using Star Trek characters to use with this Communicator Handset.

Last edited:
Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Thanks for posting all the pics but it's just making it harder to wait! (Sometimes I'm a 54 year old child!)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back