Star Trek Into Darkness (Pre-release)

Obviously if the ship was smaller, they wouldn't stick to that same exact set up.

:facepalm

You do understand they are making a movie for the widest possible audience right?

The easiest route is to make the enemy's ship bigger- instant cue that our heroes are in "deep trouble now", Kirk bit off more than he could chew etc.

Not to mention it sets up another classic underdog battle which audiences tend to go for.

Kevin

The easiest route is to make the enemy's ship bigger- instant cue that our heroes are in "deep trouble now", Kirk bit off more than he could chew etc.

Does it always work?

attachment.php

No.

So my question is: Was CumberKhan's ship also built on Earth? How much bigger can these things get before the curvature of the planet becomes a problem??? ;)

So my question is: Was CumberKhan's ship also built on Earth? How much bigger can these things get before the curvature of the planet becomes a problem??? ;)

Adding to the mass of the planet and throwing it off orbit! Lol

Actually, he's young Picard come from the future in the JJ Enterprise D. :lol

Oh god... what if it were Picard? The Trek community will have a total meltdown over Picard not being bald - and Jeyl will be handing out pitchforks. :lol ;)

If it was Picard, it would certainly be a much less messier movie than Generations.

I think the design of that new ship is in direct response to the complaints about the Abrams-prise design. They took all our complaints and made a ship out of them.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back