Star Trek DS9 - Quark's Isolinear Rods & Box - Build & Finished ....& some FAAAKES !!

Re: Star Trek DS9 - Quark's Isolinear Rods & Box - Build & Finished ....& some FAAAKE

Thanks :). Indeed it is :thumbsup Click on 'Vulcan Meditation Lamp' in my sig to see more.

:facepalm Should have seen it in your sig! Great work, love it! Coincidentally, I was totally watching Voyager when I stumbled across this. :lol

Re: Star Trek DS9 - Quark's Isolinear Rods & Box - Build & Finished ....& some FAAAKE

An absolutely fantastic job! I am GREEN with envy :rolleyes
I am also feeling a little guilty as I just sold some data rods on the bay, which I thought were very accurate but not so sure now! Mine where Cardassian Data rods so that may make a difference.
Hope you do not mind but I would very much like to use your information to make one of these for myself. Quark's Data rod box is one prop I have been playing with on and off for awhile now, without too much success :unsure
Many thanks for sharing and keep up the great work.

Awesome job! Love them all! :thumbsup

Knew exactly what you meant when you said "FAAAKES" in the title- I heard Vreenak's voice as I read it. :lol :thumbsup

Kevin

I want to use styrene so can you tell me how thick the balsa wood you used was? Thanks, Petseal

That's not a WIP, that's almost done :lol !

Looking fantastic Dietrich :)(y)thumbsup

You must post pics when finished :cool !

The paint I used was Plasti-Kote Spray, Metallic, Number 455, Antique Gold.

Thanks a lot for the information Alan.

Dietrich

That came out wonderfully! You did a really great job on the set.

I've never worked with colored acrylics, but now I have a whole list of things I could probably do with them. Thank you for both the ideas and a great project to look at!

Thanks all :)

I want to use styrene so can you tell me how thick the balsa wood you used was? Thanks, Petseal

I used 4mm for the box itself, and 3mm for the side panels.

Love how they came out, and In The Pale Moon Light....one of my favorite DS9 eps:)

Hello everyone,
This prop is amazing and the box really makes them look ace.
I had a question on how wide the copper tape and stickers you used?
Can i also ask the width of the black sticker going up the side of the rod please?
Are the colours of the rod Amber or Orange? Also are the rare blue ones a sea blue or just a opaque blue?
Sorry for all the questions
Cracking prop i hope to create my own soon :)

Many Thanks

Chris

May I chime in?

According to Alan Castillos dimensions I created the attached graphic. Diameter is 1/2" and length 3 1/2".

Hope that helps.

Dietrich

Hi guys,

thanks to Alan Castillo for the dimensions and help and Kertratz for the acrylic rods, here's now the finished case including 12 isolinear rods.

Keep on trekking

Dietrich

Great work on the isolinear rods I wanted to know what you used for the stripe running down the middle of the rods? sorry if you already posted it and i missed it. Also how did you achieved the squares on the top of the rods?

Vinyl stickers for the former, and copper stickers for the latter :thumbsup

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back