ST:TMP Klingon costume pics and info...

Re: Looking for ST:TMP Klingon pics...

Here are the 2 pix from the movie booklet.
img002.jpg

img001.jpg

D6

Yea man, this thread is really starting to roll now! Thank you all for your info and pics!

Onigiri, I tried to PM you but your inbox is full. I would be very interested in the pattern CD if you could "hook me up". Same with any pics of the costume you'd be willing to share. I'm happy to pay for the disc, too. JLMK. Thanks!

On the TMP uniform I never thought about the material used as the base vest. TMP uniforms definitely had a more 'fitted' look then the later ones. spandex is very unforgiving with leather sewn to it though, the spandex would have more give then the leather. I DO remember the fabric showing through the s'slots' as being smoother then the later versions. It was then most likely the same heavy weight spandex used for the pants.
When we looked at the later uniforms though (including Robert O'Reillys) it wasnt corderoy but more of a heavy Duck canvas. We have inside and out pics on the Gowron (This was his officer version not the TMP style he wore originally) and you could see how many times these things had been altered :)
The same aquarium line used on the chest rods was used for the Vambraces as well and the whip stitched). The sad part is because of the loss of the TMP uniforms what we were left with in Trek 3 forward was an interpretation. The later versions were definitely more forgiving but didnt have that 'fitted' slim look of TMP.
OH, as far as the baldrics go...the 'bands' on the baldrics were the decorative bands off of CHP (California Highway Patrol) Helmets. Thats a hard one to explain without a pic because youd need to see the helmets to see what Im talking about.

Just cleaned out my inbox :)
Yea man, this thread is really starting to roll now! Thank you all for your info and pics!

Onigiri, I tried to PM you but your inbox is full. I would be very interested in the pattern CD if you could "hook me up". Same with any pics of the costume you'd be willing to share. I'm happy to pay for the disc, too. JLMK. Thanks!

OH, as far as the baldrics go...the 'bands' on the baldrics were the decorative bands off of CHP (California Highway Patrol) Helmets. Thats a hard one to explain without a pic because youd need to see the helmets to see what Im talking about.

Yeah, I'm trying to find a supplier with pics, but both Google and eBay are being extra contrary today about finding me one. :unsure

They're that gold or silver (you'll want silver for the baldric) "chin strap" the goes around the front of the helmet, but they're not really functional, they just sit there and look good. I'll look some more when I get back from the PO, but you might also find them for marching band hats, and maybe police or fire visor caps too. They're segmented metal, sort of like expanding watch bands, but narrower.

-Sarge

Here's some quick pics of an STTMP style baldric while I'm loking for a supplier-

c5cbe5dc66cd54912b410fa951394323

0382f16060e6b6100aeb960b2daf9009

bfeb484814b75a302e8b1e91fd6c376b

97c400c10cd0f9cea8526db4e7fff4fd

The baldric is one of the most expensive parts of the costume- It's got 10 of those chinstraps alone, and they cost between 12.00 and 15.00 ea. :eek

-Sarge

We actually found some of those chinstraps at surplus stores years ago. The baldric is a pain in the ass :) It utilizes Butchers mail and chain mail (Sarge I lost my contact info for teh guys that sell it can you send me the link). I had all the materials together to do my baldric and left them at my buddies house while I was in Iraq and they disappeared in to the depths... :(

(Sarge I lost my contact info for teh guys that sell it can you send me the link). I had all the materials together to do my baldric and left them at my buddies house while I was in Iraq and they disappeared in to the depths... :(

Here you go-

http://http://whitinganddavis.com/

You'll want #91 mesh in the bare aluminum finish and #13 bare ring mesh for the chain mail part.

aluminum_main.gif

ringMesh_combine.gif

-Sarge

Here's some good boot shots from the IAW auctions-

71b4c9bc9cd81ebd8183d021393c4f07

e6b6426c85a86ee40c59e33bae8e9dad

b99659ec4a865764f59d37ff3505e1ea

[/img]

These were repainted brown for Enterprise, but are otherwise on the money.

If you know anyone who can sew leather or vinyl, you can probably get a pair of leather tabi boots re-soled to the right thickness at Hakky, then add the calves yourself. :)

-Sarge

STTMP Deathsting pics-

ds_1.jpg

DeathSting1979.jpg

ST5 and later-

DeathStingPIH.jpg

Kordweb-1.jpg

I really like the gunmetal look! Gotta try that one of these days! :)

-Sarge

Last edited:

For the fur sleeves, you'll need to get black, faux fur with about a 3/4" nap, and top stitch it w/ silver thread in about a 1.5" fish scale pattern-

KlingSleeveScalePattern.jpg

Once you have it top stitched, take a hair brush and fluff back out as much of the fur as you can. :)

-Sarge

Here's something to keep you fired up- The Klingon costumes are incredibly simple- The actual sewing is mostly straight lines. What they are, is just incredibly time consuming! The actual, individual steps are pretty easy, there's just a hell of a lot of them! :lol

-Sarge

Oh- the best Klingon pants on the planet can be got from

http://www.qidar.com/

Just tell her you want the STTMP, plum colored style, and that Arv sent you. :D

-Sarge

LOL...I already sent him to Qidar (Suz) and told him to tell her Don sent him. Bwahahahaha. All of those pants on the Deathgrip webpage and 90% of the costumes are from Suz. I helped her refine her patterns back in the day. Shes pretty much the ONLY reliable costume source out there. She always delivers when she says she will and her work is VERY professional. She asks you for your measurements and then enters them in to her computer program which then drafts a pattern to those measurememnts. She cuts and sends you a fitting garment. You have a tailor make any adjustments and send the fitting garment back to her and she does the final piece. Doesnt get any more pro then that.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back