ST:TMP Klingon costume pics and info...

Rather than the resin soaked felt, (A common theatrical costuming method, by the way) I substituted leather for the edges of the yoke and tunic. One source of the leather I used was scraps from the burgundy color leather used to make saddlebags for the Union troops in "Dances With Wolves". The burgundy photographed brown in the movie. Also I would wet mold leather pieces for the spine. I reasoned since the rest of the tunic was leather, why not make the edges and spine out of leather also?

And does anybody have the specifics of the construction of the original Deathstings? I heard a machine gun squirt gun was partially used??? Type? M-16? How about the handle? Wood? Greeblies?

Hi all. Great thread. I just rejoined the RPF to ask a few questions.

I'm currently working on a "somewhat screen accurate" Klingon costume from Star Trek III/TNG. I'm avoiding the later era stuff as it looks like the quality control took a serious dive. Does anyone have length/width/diameter measurements for the chest data rods and the disruptor holster? Also, has there ever been a commercially available gray leather (or vinyl)identified that closely matches the ST3/TNG costumes? Thanks!

Yes. The original leather plonge was from MacPhearson leather in LA. They used to be a great source but now are little more than a hobby shack. I recently reacquired the correct leather at MacPhearsons in Seattle. They thought it was no longer available but thats because its was SKU'd for 1/2 hides. Now its only available in whole hides. I know this because I had my sample and asked them if it was ok for me to look and see what they had. I found it and proudly marched it up to the front counter and said "HA!". So yes its available and the product number is 3302965 full hide grey plonge. It runs about $200 and they will ship.

Is there a proper term for the holster shoulder strap piece?

427827.jpg imgsrv (35).jpgimgsrv (50).jpg

Are there castings of this piece around or at least good measurements? Any info at all?

I've seen it called a brassard or armlet. I don't know of any official name for it used by Paramount though. I have a resin version, but it's packed away. I can look tomorrow and get you measurements. I have seen fan made ones out of resin, but I think some of the originals were metal. Here's a few photo references I have on hand of both versions (unsure if either are screen used) I have more images on hand that I've collected up over the years if you need more. Below: Resin (left) Metal (right)

KlingonBrassardDetail2.jpg 100_0237.jpg

Awesome!

I thought some of the pics I was looking at made it look metal. The band and the ridge on top looked too thin to be resin. Especially for a load bearing costume piece.

Perhaps its some sort of commercially available "T track" stuff with cast metal piece attached to the ends.

Good pic of that extra piece that sits on top. I wonder how it is suppose to connect though and if it is supposed to slide on the band.

Sweet! Here's a few more pics of that brassard in metal. I really wish I knew where I got these images so I can give them credit. The parts might be chain covers for clutch purses, not sure if the rest was fabricated or not. I would think the little piece that sits on top is for tension, but I don't see how it could work that way. Hope they help!

100_0239-1.jpg 100_0238.jpg 100_0236.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back