SPIDERTEEN911's Definitive Spider-Man Suit! SOLD TO chaosprince PIC HEAVY!

Re: (WIP) "This is so NOT spandex!" SPIDERTEEN911's Definitive Spider-Man Suit!

great progress!

Thanks bud, always good to have people urging me along.

Side note:
The 5mm thick high top diving socks have just come in and they seem perfect. They fit perfect and they are nice and thick; but conform close to my skin, so they shouldn't show too much through the suit.

The 5mm thick high top diving socks have just come in and they seem perfect. They fit perfect and they are nice and thick; but conform close to my skin, so they shouldn't show too much through the suit.

Good choice! I've these on my TASM 1 suit too, and they do fit nicely.

For the TASM 1, I have the ASICS Dirt dog soles - I had the dirt dogs in my regular shoe size, so I wear a 2mm neoprene sock inside the 5mm boot - fills out nicely. For the TASM 2, I've a pair of canvas slip-on shoes w/ black rubber soles that I was going to strip-off the shoe and glue the soles onto the bottom of the suit feet.

For the TASM 1, I have the ASICS Dirt dog soles - I had the dirt dogs in my regular shoe size, so I wear a 2mm neoprene sock inside the 5mm boot - fills out nicely. For the TASM 2, I've a pair of canvas slip-on shoes w/ black rubber soles that I was going to strip-off the shoe and glue the soles onto the bottom of the suit feet.

Good idea, that's basically what I'm doing, cept I'm making the soles myself. Good luck

Got both pairs of socks in the mail.
Tried em on to figure out which one I'd use.
20140123_205601_zpsjoi7rqup.jpg

The bottom sole of the low tops
20140123_205628_zpskz57gert.jpg

The bottom sole of the high tops
20140123_205644_zpsbe4kxr5q.jpg

So! El Fett posted the before and after shots of his detailing job.
Proceed with drooling.
http://i1103.photobucket.com/album... Uploads/IMG_124064488127345_zpsxiorhhla.jpeg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Just a side note:
El Fett was a pleasure to work with, and I'm lucky enough to be pretty local to him as well.
He takes his time, gives you proper updates, and the end product...well, just look at that picture.
So if you are deciding you don't want to puff paint your new suit, but still want it looking professional, consider having him detail it for you... he can do battle damage as well.

Sorry for the plug, but that work deserves it.

ON TO THE NEXT STEPS FOR ME.

Thanks to everyone for the words of support.

So, about the faceshell and lenses.
I'm either going to have to buy the universal faceshell and a pair of TJack asm2 lenses, or if I'm lucky he'll open his run on the asm2 combo this weekend and I'll get on that first list. Either way, I'll need the combo before March.

We'll have to play the waiting game on that one.

Regarding the neoprene socks I've decided to use the low tops, as they have better form and feel a bit more structurally sound.

The high tops I'll either give away to someone here, or use when I go scuba diving in a couple months.

Just a side note:
El Fett was a pleasure to work with, and I'm lucky enough to be pretty local to him as well.
He takes his time, gives you proper updates, and the end product...well, just look at that picture.
So if you are deciding you don't want to puff paint your new suit, but still want it looking professional, consider having him detail it for you... he can do battle damage as well.

Sorry for the plug, but that work deserves it.

ON TO THE NEXT STEPS FOR ME.

Thanks to everyone for the words of support.

Thank you for the kind words amigo :) Looking forward to seeing how it looks on you!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back