sparton110 2014 Halloween costume contest entryCustom Captain america suit.

Re: Custom Captain america suit.

Love it! I had a similar issue with my Old Republic armor thighs. The way I solved it was by making an 'under belt' which was basically just a band of 2" elastic. I then added 1" elastic to it and made, essentially, 'garters' that held up the thighs. When I put the actual costume belt over the elastic one, you didn't even notice the tiny bit of the 'garter' that showed between the belt and the thigh armor.

That's the good thing about elaborate 'busy' costumes, you're so busy looking at the awesome armor, that you don't notice some of the little engineering tricks that hold it all together. :)

Cheers!

Thanks man. That is a fantastic idea. I will try to make a couple of those tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your foam ? you getting cheap or full price i am a novice thinking of getting into making stuff with foam...

Just regular foam. I normally buy it from harbor freight but when I can't it at Walmart or big lots.

Awesome work and your helmet came out looking really good. What color of blue did you use? It's alot darker than mine, Rust-oleum Sail Blue, I like it.

Awesome work and your helmet came out looking really good. What color of blue did you use? It's alot darker than mine, Rust-oleum Sail Blue, I like it.

Thanks. It is a little lop sided but I'm happy with it Overall. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412896210.507680.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412896220.006534.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412896229.274511.jpg

I used the paint above from velspar. I normally don't use that kind of paint but it was the closest color I could find at the time.
Before I painted it I primed it with the kylon primer. I made a couple paint templates and sprayed some silver in. I'll load all the templates up soon. I hope if I can every get a break from work.

Was really following this with interest. Did not disappoint! Great job! Really like the upper body armor.

The brackets are made just have to finish the loop peaces. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413151057.504085.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1413151067.402575.jpg
Three coats of red. Waiting until tomorrow to strip the tape. Have to work on this every night this week if I want the shield to be finished in time.

and verramente a nice job ... I hope that when you finish it you put it in the file sharing

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413648791.293928.jpg
Just need to add battle damage and get the belts attached to the back. Nt the best shield but I've learned so much from it I may make another eventually when I am not rushed for time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414336879.536598.jpg
Here is it completed. We were a big hit at the parade and had a blast! I hope now that I have some down time that I can get some of my templates up. Not sure what I will do next but I've learned so much from this build the possibility's are unlimited.

Looks great. You actually got me motivated to work on a US Agent armor. Kept it simple since it's going to my first armor build.

Looks great. You actually got me motivated to work on a US Agent armor. Kept it simple since it's going to my first armor build.

That's great man can't wait to see it. This was my first build just free handing and the simpler the better imho.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414981206.102001.jpg
Here is another pic from that night before the parade.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back