sparton110 2014 Halloween costume contest entryCustom Captain america suit.

Re: Custom Captain america suit.

Awesome! Really loving the concept and the execution so far! Subbed and looking forward to more :)

Thank you. The moment I saw the concept I wanted to make it. Oh I've been following your cap build and it's spot on man. Looks fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Can't wait to see the finished project. Looks great man!

Thanks man. I hope to finish it all by my dead line the helmet liner is giving me some problems but it's all good. Hope to post more pics soon.

thank you so much then you have not used Pepakura?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry if maybe I write wrong, but I'm Italian and I speak little English

thank you so much then you have not used Pepakura?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry if maybe I write wrong, but I'm Italian and I speak little English

I used pepakura on the helmet. I used jf customs foam file and used card stock instead of foam or cardboard. But the rest I just freehanded the templates. I will try and get them uploaded this weekend but my work schedule ATM the pretty crazy. And no problem there not the best templates but it's a good base that you can modify for what you want.

Not sure I understand your question. Once I upload just resize and print. I will put some dominions on them to make it a little easier to resize.

when you have finished the job, because you do not realize the pdf file of the armor? them and then put the share .... what do you say? .... so maybe then I can change your size with my ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412391506.219190.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412391516.285183.jpg
Small update working in the helmet liner template once it's finish I'll share it. The helmet will get some primer and paint tomorrow.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412686876.212311.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412686902.096763.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412686926.011977.jpg
It's getting there. Sorry for having the hand hold but still need to get a buckle and work on the straps. The A still needs a bit of touching up. I'm very happy worth the wings and liner. Hope to have the helmet finished this weekend and then it's a race to finish the shield in time.

Thanks everyone. Here are a couple pics of the shield I have the rings all taped off. Need to finish the back before painting.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412736959.815859.jpg
Finished the liner. I think I may swap out the clip for a smaller one and also order some tan nylon webbing instead of using foam. But with the liner finished the entire suit is done. Just need to suit up. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412737047.599822.jpg
More pictures coming soon.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412821384.178211.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412821395.310789.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412821405.994098.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412821437.694658.jpg

First suit up with the complete suit. I can move very well not as good as a fully sewn suit of course. Really happy with the way it turned out. The thighs are falling a little while walking need to figure out a solution for that one. I'll post more once the shield is finished.

Love it! I had a similar issue with my Old Republic armor thighs. The way I solved it was by making an 'under belt' which was basically just a band of 2" elastic. I then added 1" elastic to it and made, essentially, 'garters' that held up the thighs. When I put the actual costume belt over the elastic one, you didn't even notice the tiny bit of the 'garter' that showed between the belt and the thigh armor.

That's the good thing about elaborate 'busy' costumes, you're so busy looking at the awesome armor, that you don't notice some of the little engineering tricks that hold it all together. :)

Cheers!

your foam ? you getting cheap or full price i am a novice thinking of getting into making stuff with foam...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back