sparton110 2014 Halloween costume contest entryCustom Captain america suit.

Re: Custom Captain america suit.

Looks good. I was thinking about doing a custom type build of Cap and ran across your's. Liking it. I just did my first foam build of JFcustom's Captain America cowl. Definitely need some more practice at it, but it didn't turn out too bad in my opinion. Thanks for the inspiration, keep up the awesome work.

10562700_4485530473726_7347707746797446602_o.jpg

Looks good. I was thinking about doing a custom type build of Cap and ran across your's. Liking it. I just did my first foam build of JFcustom's Captain America cowl. Definitely need some more practice at it, but it didn't turn out too bad in my opinion. Thanks for the inspiration, keep up the awesome work.

View attachment 363256

Thanks man. That cowl looks great! Very smooth I'm think about making the same one. What are you going to do about the leather liner?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408309330.788040.jpg
Wanted to show a suit up. The shoulder straps and other details are drying.
Still need to order red leather and get some elbow pads. Working on a clip system for the abs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408847938.498544.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408847953.132459.jpg
Not much of an update but the straps and little details for the chest are done. Waiting on a few things from ebay to arrive.

Decided to use the movie captain america helmet. Really like the look of the new movies. Not my best pep I've done but not bad since it was made for foam.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408913666.823321.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408913684.233255.jpg
The bondo stage will clean up any imperfections.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409454758.598158.jpg
Got the two arm guards cover. Just have to add the line detail.

I can,'to decide which to use the black or the red. What do you guys think will look better?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409454818.480834.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410565718.252354.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410565741.516528.jpg

First full suit up. Still working on the mid section not happy with it ATM. And I have some other small details I need to finish.The helmet needs some more sanding before I show it again.
Let me know what you guys think. Hope to have this done before the downtown Halloween parade in October. My wife is going as black widow and I might do a thread build with hers.

Oh I forget the thighs were falling off I need to tighten them and see them up before I attach them again.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410835899.565130.jpg
The suit is now finished. Now to focus on the helmet and shoes. Hope to have the helmet done this weekend so I can start work on the shield.

Unfortunately I haven't had any time to invest any more time into it, but my dad has recently dabbling with leather again so i just might get with him to see what we can come up with.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411527098.813453.jpg
Finished up the armor today by adding the star. Just need to clean up the red border. Also I airbrushed an old pair of shoes.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411527177.597172.jpg
Still working on the helmet and I just ordered my sled to make my shield.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411997334.593293.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411997349.258425.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411997373.393789.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411997403.141622.jpg
This has to be the messiest thing I have ever done. Stripping paint is not fun. Still have to finish the bottom side and then do so e clean up before I give it the spun effect.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411997514.491992.jpg
The helmet is so. Close to being done just a few minor areas. Still have to make the straps for it. If anyone has made those before any advice would be much appreciated.

I have a little over two weeks to finish this build for the parade.

Awesome! Really loving the concept and the execution so far! Subbed and looking forward to more :)

hello guy .... can you pass the file to your wonderful work this? orrei acnhe I try to do it ... thanks ...

hello guy .... can you pass the file to your wonderful work this? orrei acnhe I try to do it ... thanks ...

Sure, I will upload what I have soon. All of the templates were hand drawn and measured to my body type. So there not the best but I will upload them if anyone wants to download.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back